Pj & Big tex trailers ??

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #11  
you can't go wrong with either brand, they are both top notch......I ordered a pj trailer last week......I have a really good pj dealer about 25min from me, that sealed the deal for the pj.....the pj's are powder coated and at least on the trailer I ordered the cross sections are 16in apart and the big tex's were 24in apart.......they are both fine trailers.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #12  
I'm partial to PJ, a quality trailer for sure. Big Tex is a really good brand also. The only bad to the BT is the tube, it rots from the inside so all looks well outside and your loosing wall thickness. To be fair the PJ's are coming with lower quality tires from what I hear.

Matt T.:D

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ??
Thanks for all the great info on the PJ&Big tex trailers.I am leaning towards the PJ trailer.I currently have a Hurst tandam axle(7000 lbs axle)16 ft.trailer that was made in washburn Tenn.that is 4 years old and held up well,I wanted to go with a 20 ft trailer to haul all my goodies to my cabin.Thanks again,coobie

lovemytoys said:
where is pj trailer made??
Texas,from what I have read.coobie

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #19  
lovemytoys said:
where is pj trailer made??

I thought it was quite funny when I got my trailer right under the PJ tag said something like "Made the US way" and then just to the right of that sticker it said "Made in Mexico" I am guessing that it was really made in mexico. One thing that I forgot to mention in my other post was that one other great thing about the trailer is it is powder coated and it has withstood allot with out chipping or scratching.

bigdad said:
Dallas Lilly,

I hate Scotch locks too! As soon as the weather moderates, It will be solder and heatshrink on my new trailer. 3M makes a liquid sealer that comes with a brush applicator in the lid. "Scotchkote"

It is Bad A__ !! I paint it on all of the connections
before AND after the heatshrink. Get some on your fingers and you will see how effective it is. Highly recomended.

Thanks.... BD

Thanks for the tip. I never liked scotch locks and used butt connectors and it was never a problem untill the state started putting salt on the roads when it snows and the green fuzzies came about in a bad way. I like how the roads are when it snows not but I really do not like the salt or mag.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #20  
I have owned a 16' Big Tex 7PI for five years so far and I'm happy with it except the R/H tail light seems to find solid objects.....it's been replaced three times within the last 12 months, one by me and the other two by friends that borrowed it.