Pj & Big tex trailers ??

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #21  
Over the years I have owned two Big Tex trailers, both have served me well. :)

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #22  
I bought a Big Tex 20 foot, 12,000 pound axles in '05. Seems like it was around 2500 bucks. Probably have pulled it 4,000 miles wild guessing--usually a JD 5203 with loader. Only thing I have to compare it to is an old homemade 16 foot utility trailer and cotton trailers, so wouldn't know where to start to criticize it. It follows me when I hook up to it and hasn't broke yet other than a short or too in the lights. However, the road I have to navigate about takes the filling out of my teeth.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ??
Thanks for all the good information,I ended up buying the PJ trailer 20 ft with the 7000 lbs axles(14000 lbs total)Tows like a dream and very nice workmanship IMHO.coobie

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #24  
I believe Big Tex is US made. But I know PJ makes trailers in Mexico. Personally don't care for the "southwest style" trailer. Big Tex is ok, but PJ uses the cheapest of everything and has them made in Mexico. No thanks, I'll stick to my Corn Pro Trailers.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ??
stallingsroger said:
I believe Big Tex is US made. But I know PJ makes trailers in Mexico. Personally don't care for the "southwest style" trailer. Big Tex is ok, but PJ uses the cheapest of everything and has them made in Mexico. No thanks, I'll stick to my Corn Pro Trailers.
Not all PJ trailers are made in Mexico.I can tell you I am very happy with my PJ trailer,IMHO its a quality made trailer.To each his own I guess.coobie

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #27  
I called PJ trailers awhile back.....all the GN are made in Texas....can't say that for the others though.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #28  
I have had a 16' big tex since 95 (ish).
Never let me down but you get what you pay for.

Only painted where the sun shines.
Wiring is poor and has been redone several times.
Tail lights are unprotected and have been cleaned off several times.
Side stowed ramp latch failed once and allowed the ramp to slide way out into oncoming traffic.

Again, never let me down but you get what you pay for....

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #29  
DavidVT said:
I have had a 16' big tex since 95 (ish).
Never let me down but you get what you pay for.

Only painted where the sun shines.
Wiring is poor and has been redone several times.
Again, never let me down but you get what you pay for....

Interesting - my Big Tex is painted top and underside - in fact everything is painted including the springs. Wiring is fine on mine....they've protected the wires at through points where the wire could rub.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #30  
I love my PJ. Lots and lots of miles on it towing my tractor, etc. Mine is the 10k model with 6" channel and E rated tires. Very attractive and well built trailer. Lights recessed, lots of steel, weighs 2500#s empty!

Attachments

• ass 010.jpg
    ass 010.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,141