Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #51  
Don't know about cab maintenance but I do believe the tractor you bought is one of the best around. It would be nice if you would post a few pictures when it comes in. I too love a tractor without a loader for getting things done.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #52  
I can't think of anything unique to a cab model, just keep your cab air filter and condenser unit blown out. I have a foot long extension eith side air vents my brother made, but you can buy them. I use air only and if I am going to be away from the shop, I use a high power leaf blower for radiator and condenser.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060
Keep the radiators under the hood (and the hood itself) clean.

Got warm last week because junk plugged up the black screen on the hood. Trivial fix just brushing it off. Checked things under the hood & they were fine.

Had some near overheating issues a week or 2 ago. Cleaned off the screens, but that didnt help. Got to looking & most of the radiators were plugged with dirt & fibrous debris you couldn't easily see from the side. Only 2 of the radiators have screens on them & there are 4. The real radiator, A/C coils & I presume 2 hydraulic oil coolers. Things seem to be in good shape after washing them out with a hose (dont shock cool things doing it when the engine is hot). Compressed air might work better than water depending on your dirt & debris. Actually, try air first, less likely to make things cement in worse.

I can usually tell the cab getting warm & humid before the needle on the temp gauge starts getting to high. Mowing thistle or other stuff with lots of fuzz can plug things in an hour or 2. Or sometimes it will be days or weeks before as nothing shows up on the screens. Just get in the habit of checking things as part of your daily routine. Cab filter itself isnt that hard to get at outside.

I'm fighting an issue with my front windshield sprayer spritzing intermitentsly. As far as I can tell the washer fluid is heating or boiling & spraying for a second up to a few times an hour. Fluid is hot when it comes out & the problem stays up front when I swap electrical plugs front/rear. The hose is routed pretty close to the DPF, not that there is any other routing options.

The grands with a 3rd function have some pretty vulnerable hydraulic lines underneath, but not relevant with no loader.

May want to get a brush guard (standard with the loader) & generally armor up a bit. Depending on what you mow.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #54  
Fallon's post reminded me, must have if you ever operate in the brush.

Attachments

• DSC07024.JPG
    DSC07024.JPG
    441.8 KB · Views: 488
   / Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #55  
Have a JD with cab. Thought had issue with cab. My shop asked had I change the a/c cab filters...nope...that was the problem. Be sure you keep windows closed if not locked to keep heavy rain out. At least on my tractor.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #56  
Fallon's post reminded me, must have if you ever operate in the brush.

I got the Kubota grill guard, but I already have plans to add on to it and build some screens like what you posted to help keep the front hood grill cleaner.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #57  
Don't know about cab maintenance but I do believe the tractor you bought is one of the best around. It would be nice if you would post a few pictures when it comes in. I too love a tractor without a loader for getting things done.

Well, since you asked, I'll try. Never posted a picture here before but I'm sure my wife will take some. Should pick up the new tractor tomorrow.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #58  
Well, after suffering two bouts of heat exhaustion mowing this summer I will be picking up my new L4060HST with a cab tomorrow. I have a Kubota M5400 that I am keeping. I ordered the new one without a loader because it is so much easier to maneuver around trees while mowing if you don't have the loader sticking out there. My M5400 has a strong loader, so I really didn't need one on this tractor. It will be used strictly for mowing.

For those of you who have owned one of these machines for a while, do you have any advice in regards to maintenance, problem areas, etc.? I've been running tractors for 40 years but this will be my first one with a cab and AC.

I suggest getting the loader, for when you sell the tractor, because you will probably want a smaller loader for a lot of chores anyways.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #59  
I suggest getting the loader, for when you sell the tractor, because you will probably want a smaller loader for a lot of chores anyways.

I would never, ever, be without a loader. My other tractor has a strong loader. It lifts 2850 lbs. But you are right about not being able to sell it without a loader. At least not nearly as easy. However, there are lots on tractors around here that work in the hay fields and pull mowers that don't have loaders. And besides that, I don't ever think I will sell either of my tractors. They will outlast me. LOL

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #60  
I would never, ever, be without a loader. My other tractor has a strong loader. It lifts 2850 lbs. But you are right about not being able to sell it without a loader. At least not nearly as easy. However, there are lots on tractors around here that work in the hay fields and pull mowers that don't have loaders. And besides that, I don't ever think I will sell either of my tractors. They will outlast me. LOL

In 4 Days I'm going in for back surgery. Today I cleared a bit of brush, hand loaded a bucket full of rocks, and moved a few tons of dirt & spread gravel. I have a larger tractor will lift and carry a fair amount also but today I used my little Max 28 that can on a good day maybe a bit less than half of what the L39 loader is good for. I would have worked too hard using the big tractor. A smaller tractor suits my pace just about right and is very maneuverable. Sometimes a small FEL is just right.
I hope I have a good recovery so I can plan bigger projects like the old days.