Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #31  
Might be hitting you up for another TnT & ditching OEM depending on how that option might delay things. ;-) Do you have a solution pre-engineereed for a L4060? Lead time still a month or 2?

I just wasn't that impressed with the only local LS, TYM & Kioti dealer.The LS & TYM machines were decent machines, but not nearly as polished as the Kubotas. Trying to get to filters & what not was hard, along with some other engineering oversights, no 2 speed HST+, etc. They were turboed, hich is nice for Colorado, but not critical where im at.

They only had a couple bigger Kiotis on the lot. They were happy to order one in, but no way I'd go that route without being able to see & drive it first.

The Koreans build a solid tractor, but not nearly as nice or premium as Kubota. They were noticably cheaper & it was very tempting, but I decided to stick with Kubota 20 minutes away rather than the only small mom & pop shop in CO selling Korean 2.5 hours away.

Thanks for answering the tractor make question, was just curious is all. Everyone looks at things a bit different and was just interested.

As far as my engineering, I don't have a problem and never have, my units fit. It is Kubota and their vender that have the problems.

As far as lead times, currently running about 10-12 weeks, down from even longer lead times that I had been running the past 5-6 months.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #32  
Congratulations and don't forget we're going to be needing pictures of that tractor when it gets in. Maybe a couple extra of the air ride seat.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #33  
Thanks for answering the tractor make question, was just curious is all. Everyone looks at things a bit different and was just interested.

As far as my engineering, I don't have a problem and never have, my units fit. It is Kubota and their vender that have the problems.

As far as lead times, currently running about 10-12 weeks, down from even longer lead times that I had been running the past 5-6 months.

I guess I am a bit behind or confused, are you talking about the whole setup from rear remotes or just top and side link. I remember when you use to recommend OEM especially in a cab for proper fitment.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #34  
I guess I am a bit behind or confused, are you talking about the whole setup from rear remotes or just top and side link. I remember when you use to recommend OEM especially in a cab for proper fitment.

Just the top & tilt cylinders. Still recommend OEM valves for cab tractors. :thumbsup:

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #35  
The Koreans build a solid tractor, but not nearly as nice or premium as Kubota. They were noticably cheaper & it was very tempting, but I decided to stick with Kubota 20 minutes away rather than the only small mom & pop shop in CO selling Korean 2.5 hours away.

Not what I found when I last shopped. I was much more impressed with the Korean brands overall. So much so that I purchased one for myself and have been very pleased with it ever since.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #36  
Sounds like you are getting a great tractor that I am sure you will enjoy!

I just wanted to add a comment on the TNT setup. On my L4060 HSTC which I have had for 3 years I have always had an issue with the Side Link slowly dropping down while say Bushogging causing the Rotary Cutter to tilt and having to be leveled again. It's not a problem with the Side link leaking down, but rather the Kubota Rear Remote valve leaking bye. This may or may not be an issue for you, and I have just gotten use to having to adjust the Rotary Cutter or whatever I am using to account for this.

At one time you could get a Sidelink with a built-in check valve which I think fixed this issue or you could just disconnect the hoses from the Rear remote and the Side link stayed where it was set.

Again.... you maybe fine and all will work great, but just be aware that you might have some Side link issues to think about.

Good Luck with your purchase!

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #37  
A side link or toplink drifting us usually a spool valve issue. Spool valves by nature have internal leakage, as there are no seals. Rather a real tight tolerance metal on metal between the spool and body.

Some valves are better than others.

Disconnecting hoses does isolate the valve. But can sometimes be a pain to re-hook if left under pressure.

Piloted checks in the cylinders work too, but then you cannot use a float feature if equipped.

What I did on mine, was install flow controls on the remotes. I can shut them completely off, then they work the same as a dpcv would. Or I can open them and still be able to use float

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #38  
Just the top & tilt cylinders. Still recommend OEM valves for cab tractors. :thumbsup:

OK, and I agree, the hydraulic top link I bought from your for our M8540 is top quality and match or exceed the OEM on my 5740. Any future hydraulics I get will not be OEM.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #39  
OK, and I agree, the hydraulic top link I bought from your for our M8540 is top quality and match or exceed the OEM on my 5740. Any future hydraulics I get will not be OEM.

Thanks Larry. :thumbsup:

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #40  
Sounds like you are getting a great tractor that I am sure you will enjoy!

I just wanted to add a comment on the TNT setup. On my L4060 HSTC which I have had for 3 years I have always had an issue with the Side Link slowly dropping down while say Bushogging causing the Rotary Cutter to tilt and having to be leveled again. It's not a problem with the Side link leaking down, but rather the Kubota Rear Remote valve leaking bye. This may or may not be an issue for you, and I have just gotten use to having to adjust the Rotary Cutter or whatever I am using to account for this.

At one time you could get a Sidelink with a built-in check valve which I think fixed this issue or you could just disconnect the hoses from the Rear remote and the Side link stayed where it was set.

Again.... you maybe fine and all will work great, but just be aware that you might have some Side link issues to think about.

Good Luck with your purchase!

This has become a common problem for Kubota's valves used for the rear remotes. Not sure if it has always been that way and people are just becoming more aware, or if they have changed something with the valves themselves, but it is a real concern. I know that I have Kubota dealers begging me to come up with a real time solution, because Kubota is not addressing the problem. Or so I am told.

I hope that Kubota takes care of it, because I simply do not have the time to address it.