Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060
Just the top & tilt cylinders. Still recommend OEM valves for cab tractors. :thumbsup:

Ya, learned a lot working with Brian building the whole system including plumbing in the 3 new spools on my old L3200. Great learning experience, but don't want to fight with all the plumbing again on a cab.

Not what I found when I last shopped. I was much more impressed with the Korean brands overall. So much so that I purchased one for myself and have been very pleased with it ever since.

Filters buried where it would take massive pain to change them. No or hard to service radiator screens, steering gear up infront of the axle where it's easier to damage (some Kubotas are this way too though, but a bit more protected). Side panels were hard to pull off & on, watched the sales guy fight for 5 minutes to get one of em back on the TYM & you had to pull it to do nearly any maintenance on the thing. Poor HVAC setup, one of em had air return stuff running through easily bumped or closed exit style vents that were identical to the adjustable exit vents.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad tractors at all & definitely cheaper (and include some additional hydraulics that add a few grand to a Kubota). Really wish I could have seen a NX, but they didn't stock smaller Kiotis saying they weren't as good of a deal as the LS & TYM.

There are 4 Kubota dealers within 2 hours of my place, including 1 20 minutes out & another 45 or so. In 3 years the only time I took my Kuobota to the dealer was for loading the tires (they didn't have the working plumbing gear when I got it) & for an appraisal. Only warranty work was a leaky hose & I fixed it myself at home after getting the warranty hose from the dealer. So I know warranty work isn't the end all support requirement. But there is only 1 Korean dealer in the state & they are working out of an old gas station. They had some tractors split under the canopy where the pumps use to be. Just not as much of a warm fuzzy on prompt support from that as well as some of the other supply chain & dealer support delay issues I've heard about.

Some of the photos of some of the stuff I noticed when looking at the Koreans...

Korean tractors - Google Photos

Well you all failed. Talked to the guys at Front Range Kubota & ordered up my L4060 today. They have 4 of em crated up on the lot, but some of the accesories will take a week or so to get in. Might be an extra week or so given the holidays.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #44  
What loader? Were they able to get the bigger one, or did you decide it couldn't be justified?

Getting the LA805 loader. They thought they could spec the big one for a bit & I was all ready to cough up the extra cash for that, but they couldn't. Need to step up to a L4760 at least for the bigger loader.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #46  
Getting the LA805 loader. They thought they could spec the big one for a bit & I was all ready to cough up the extra cash for that, but they couldn't. Need to step up to a L4760 at least for the bigger loader.

So....you changed out to a L4760 then? =]

So....you changed out to a L4760 then? =]
Nope, getting a L4060 & LA805. Couldn't justify the $5k or whatever it was for the extra 7hp & the bigger loader.

Initially Dale thought he could spec a LA1055 for me & it was going to be an extra $500 or so. I was going to do that, but after some checking it wasn't an option.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #48  
I think 40hp net is pretty low for a 4,100lb cab tractor.

My 8,000 Lb L39 is 40 Hp with the fuel turned up. Now that is under powered!

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #49  
Fallon your near me. I bought my 6060 in Pueblo cause the deal. I had a 4060 and it just wasn't enough loader for the logging I do.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #50  
Well, after suffering two bouts of heat exhaustion mowing this summer I will be picking up my new L4060HST with a cab tomorrow. I have a Kubota M5400 that I am keeping. I ordered the new one without a loader because it is so much easier to maneuver around trees while mowing if you don't have the loader sticking out there. My M5400 has a strong loader, so I really didn't need one on this tractor. It will be used strictly for mowing.

For those of you who have owned one of these machines for a while, do you have any advice in regards to maintenance, problem areas, etc.? I've been running tractors for 40 years but this will be my first one with a cab and AC.