Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #51  
There's a subtle difference between 'Powered Steering' (What you did a wonderful job on) and power Assisted steering, which maintains a mechchanical connection between the wheels & the steering wheel. You can 'slow' it down with a larger cylinder to reduce the amount of turning per steering wheel degrees, but don't restrict flow because you might need quick REACTION for loader work.

I would think the power steering rack & pinion from a small car would also be applicable for tractors, either to connect two tieRODS between, or to help the cross-tieROD link used on many tractors and large trucks.

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #52  
I used a cylinder from a John Deere 318. The cylinder was too short so I bought some honed pipe and extended it to about 8” of stroke. For the end I cut to old manual steering ball joint and welded it to the cylinder rod.

Attachments

• DC68C8C1-39F4-4A71-B0CE-9D02AF423276.jpeg
    DC68C8C1-39F4-4A71-B0CE-9D02AF423276.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
   / Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #53  
It did not, but they all come with the ports for it, just capped off. These two on top here are for the PS, the two bigger ones on the side are for heavier devices like the FEL. I'm basing this off looking at my father's B7200, which has the same block, has factory power steering, and a factory loader.

attachment.php

attachment.php
Does anyone know what kind of fittings these are that tap into the block in the ps ports ? The Parker store guy had no clue and I sure don’t

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200
I removed the bolt and took it to my guy who makes hydrualic hoses and said i needed that end on one, and the cylinder end on the other, and he did that.

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #55  
I removed the bolt and took it to my guy who makes hydrualic hoses and said i needed that end on one, and the cylinder end on the other, and he did that.
Thanks for all your input on here I used your info for a power steering conversion works great thank you

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200
Glad to hear it's working for you. Really makes a difference over manual steering.