Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #1  

MXD

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1723e
UPDATE: Check page 4 to see it all fixed.

I just took delivery of my 1723 with 2360 blower and we got 12 inches of wet cement two days later. I cleaned my driveway up and went to help my neighbor whose blower died on his first pass. His driveway is paved but we had huge wind gust during the storm and it must have blown a branch down. It was maybe 12 inches long by 2 inches thick. It was buried under the snow, I didn't even see it. It got sucked up and wedged in the impeller and ripped the corner of the impeller shroud and rolled it up into the throat. I did my best to bend it out of the way. It also but a slight bend on one of the impeller wings. Not even enough to see with the naked eye. It was barely enough for it to just skim a weld on the way by. After some prying I bolted it all back up and it seems fine but man am I bummed out. Brand new.

IMG_9760 (2).jpg
IMG_9761 (2).jpg

Last edited:
   / Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #2  
No good deed shall go unpunished

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed
No good deed shall go unpunished

After I got it all buttoned up I blew back some snowbanks on my street and made a few passes across the yard and all seemed normal. I'm confident that the damage was all cosmetic. I guess in the spring maybe I'll strip it and try to neaten it up and paint it. Still bummed out though, it was only about 30 minutes old. Oh well.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #5  
We have so many "engineers" on this site, I wonder why one of them hasn't come up with a guard to handle events such as this. Especially if you do this for a living. How hard would it be to put vertical guards (grill) on the front? Something like a grapple bottom but not as heavy. Just an idea. :cool:

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #6  
Anything in the path of the snow will get blocked up by wet snow.
Sorry this happened to you MXD, but a little bending and paint and it'll work fine. Tractors get dinged, we call them war wounds and have the stories to tell about them.
You now have your first snowblower story to share, and no one got hurt!

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #7  
Yep, I feel for ya.
Same thing happened with my snowblower when it was brand new. Was having an addition built on my house. Thought it would be nice to clear a path for the contractor.
They’d left a framing hammer in the middle of the yard....under 8” of snow! Grrr!!
Not perfect, but some bending with a pipe wrench and hammering got it usable where the blade doesn’t hit the fold.
Like a fool, I actually gave the hammer back to them.

Last edited:
   / Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed
Thanks guys. I'm bummed for all of you too but glad to know that I'm not alone and it's not a big deal. It's pretty ugly at the moment but bent far enough out of the way to clear everything and function normally. Maybe in the spring I'll strip it down and fix it right or maybe by then it won't bother me so much and I'll just slap some paint on it and call it good.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #9  
Wish I had a picture of what a fist sized rock did to my blower impeller. I beat the two wounded blades back out and used it for an additional seven years with no problems. If your intention was to have it brand new forever - just put it up on a pallet in your garage and leave it there.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #10  
First driveway I ever did for money with a brand new lucknow blower, picked up a stone. Broke the chain. Long time ago, thought it was the end of the world. Cussed people who left debris on their driveway!