Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #11  
Wish I had a picture of what a fist sized rock did to my blower impeller. I beat the two wounded blades back out and used it for an additional seven years with no problems. If your intention was to have it brand new forever - just put it up on a pallet in your garage and leave it there.

Yes, I had the same issue with "Rocky Mountain Rocks"...

KC

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #12  
Yup that would put sour taste in my mouth, least no bulging marks dents on the outside.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #13  
Sorry for your luck.

I learned this lesson many years ago.

You have to consider that you are taking some risk every time you use your tractor. And, you should decide if that risk is worth what could happen.

For me, if it means a neighbor thinks I am a jerk for not volunteering to take the risk of an expensive repair, to do them a favor, than so be it.

I may try an explain the situation to them, but I have found they really don't care.

That doesn't mean I don't help people out. I have donated many thousands of dollars of labor over the years. But, things are tight right now. And, I could live without a breakdown.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #14  
Sorry for your bad luck , I had a new 8' loftiness and picked up a decorative rock bout the size of a basketball that bent my lower auger pretty good . Had to take the auger off and heat and beat it back into shape, cussing all the while. I'd C clamp a strip of about 1/8"-1/4" x 2" steel to that leading edge and weld it for reinforcement, then paint. Just make sure your auger has clearance .

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #15  
Look at it this way, its like a new car, truck, tractor you keep it clean and show it off but once you get that first ding, scratch or chip it now just becomes the item you bought and now you use it without thinking about that slight damage. For you it just happened sooner than later. I hope you like that GC1723, I certainly like mine.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #16  
Yep, these things happen. In a couple years you probably won't even notice it -- but for now, you could use a flat body-shop dolly (or some other heavy, flat piece of steel) and hold it behind, then hammer that dent flat.

Here's what mine looks like, now on its 13th season -- (Yes, for some reason mine came in black....)

Feb 2021.jpg

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #17  
I'm glad you got it working.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #18  
Mine has a dent (bulge) in the same place. If you use your tractor, more will happen.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #19  
I did some moderate damage to my tractor about 2 years in. Felt like a complete idiot. But as my neighbor told me..."Hey, you just added some "character" to it"

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #20  
Yep, these things happen. In a couple years you probably won't even notice it -- but for now, you could use a flat body-shop dolly (or some other heavy, flat piece of steel) and hold it behind, then hammer that dent flat.

A heavy "C" clamp could press it back into place with less skill, and little effort.