Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #31  
This is one of those interesting threads that could go on forever.
I had a Simplicity tractor with a belt drive blower, before I upgraded to my Massey. My wife went out to get the paper one morning, in about a foot of snow, and dropped a 3 cell maglite. She "forgot" to mention it, and I don't know how she couldn't find something that big?!? When I got home from work and fired up the tractor to clear the driveway, everything was going fine, then all of a sudden, CLUNK!!! The blower locked up, WTF???? Sure enough, I found her maglite. It looks like it's been through a meat grinder, but still worked. I wanted to send it to them, to show how indestructible they are, (hoping I would get a new one) but never got around to it.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed
I know it’s been a while since I originally posted this but I found a local welding shop to fix it for me before the snow flies this season. He tried to charge me $60 and I wasn’t having it. I was too happy with the result so I gave him $100.

Attachments

• 4FE0D078-87CA-4209-8AED-5C1387AA5E9C.jpeg
    4FE0D078-87CA-4209-8AED-5C1387AA5E9C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
   / Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #33  
Father in law paid me back for blowing out his driveway by leaving his tow chain on the driveway.
Took some doing but unraveled it out, hammered it straight again, oh well.
Pretty impressed that it didn't do more damage than it did.

/ Pretty bummed out ------> UPDATE: All Fixed #34  
Friends have a municipal contract with their huge 8 ft blower.
You'd be amazed at the junk they ingest with it.

We often suspect folks are simply too lazy to take their trash to the dump.
In some cases we suspect willful tactics due to jealousy as this is a small town.
Other times it is chunks of asphalt that the plow pushed to the curb.
Worst is a manhole cover.
Worst of the worst is wire rope as that demands a grinder to cut it up.
The joke of it all is the city demands that they use a plastic cutting edge so as to not damage the road surface.