Price differential NX open station vs cab

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab
OK, great, got it! No radio (go after-market); and, rear wiper.

Does anyone here know whether having a cab introduces any additional complexities for installing/running hydraulic hoses from the rear remotes (is "rear" redundant?) to the front loader? In my quote request for just the open station I initially had a grapple and was quoted $300 for hoses.

By the time I get the TNT and a few attachments I'm going to be pushing $50k! :eek:

Last edited:
Got my order changed!:D

The additional cost came out to be $5,144. That's cab plus rear wiper. I was bracing myself for $7k to $8k.

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #14  
I think you got a pretty good deal there on the upgrade. At the time I purchased my current tractor - an upgrade to a cabbed unit was in the $7K to $9K range. My first tractor was open station, my current tractor is open station. Fortunately, I was able to have my neighbor come over with his cabbed tractor prior to my current purchase. Reduced visibility & potential damage to the cab are just to great on my property - that's why I stayed with open station. Believe me - there are times when plowing snow - I would trade all my winter outerwear for a heated cab.

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #15  
An extra 5k isn't bad for a cab. Congratulations!

There's lots of times I'm glad I don't have a cab (beautifully spring and fall days, working in the garden getting off and on all the time, etc.). Every winter and in the middle of summer, though, plus every time it rains I wish I had one. Someday, maybe.

Yeah, I have a LOT of potential threats for a cab. I figure that I'm just going to have to be mindful. As I clean things up more the threat will lessen. I guess I'm being a bit optimistic; trends don't always bear out.

All said, I figured that if Eric's cab is managing to survive then I should be able to have mine survive as well :laughing:

Oh, and yeah, I hear you about being out in the open. If I get that urge I still have my trusty B7800 (it'll always be my favorite tractor)! I suspect that it'll still need to do a fair amount of work doing all the really tight work that needs to be done.

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #18  
Just purchased a set of 20 foot 3/8 hoses for my brothers tractor for FEL with fittings from the local farm stores, 146.93 no tax.

ksbrdmkr, that sounds a lot better than the $300 quoted from the dealer. But, I suspect that the dealer's quote included their time. I've got an hydraulic shop that I'll hit up. Will need to measure first. I'm also figuring on putting in some couplers in the middle to facilitate removal of the loader. Just ordered a grapple and am really looking forward to using it.

/ Price differential NX open station vs cab #20  
Got my order changed!:D

The additional cost came out to be $5,144. That's cab plus rear wiper. I was bracing myself for $7k to $8k.

Does it have heat and a/c for that Price? Sometimes they get sneaky and won't have one or the other.