Problems getting Yanmar tractor running.

/ Problems getting Yanmar tractor running. #11  
It spins plenty fast but I didn't see much fuel getting out maybe just my connection etc? Doesn't someone on here usually reccommend tapping on the plungers to free them up? I think thats worth a try also be carefull its just little pistons inside operated by the camshaft though.

/ Problems getting Yanmar tractor running. #12  
Picture 021.jpgPicture 090.jpgThose look to be for Bleeding the pump. Not Sure but on my YM2000 Pic.1 is the pump. Pic. 2 is the injectors. If your Injectors are similar First just loosen the Nuts and watch for fuel. If fuel shows up Remove An Injector and see what happens. If you have Spray a compression check is next while the Injector is out.

/ Problems getting Yanmar tractor running.
It spins plenty fast but I didn't see much fuel getting out maybe just my connection etc? Doesn't someone on here usually reccommend tapping on the plungers to free them up? I think thats worth a try also be carefull its just little pistons inside operated by the camshaft though.

I will definitely give that a try. I've run across posts where that was discussed. Thanks

View attachment 313722View attachment 313723Those look to be for Bleeding the pump. Not Sure but on my YM2000 Pic.1 is the pump. Pic. 2 is the injectors. If your Injectors are similar First just loosen the Nuts and watch for fuel. If fuel shows up Remove An Injector and see what happens. If you have Spray a compression check is next while the Injector is out.

Thanks for posting the pics. Your Yanmar resembles the one on my JD 750. This one I'm working on looks quite a bit different. I took some pictures that have better clarity than the video did. I will attempt to try and post them.

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

/ Problems getting Yanmar tractor running. #15  
I'm no expert on diesel engines, but it sounds like you might want to first make sure you are bleeding the system using the proper procedure for that engine.

Can you locate a user manual and follow the specific bleeding instructions for that model Yanmar?

I have a 3-cylinder Yanmar in my JD750. I replaced the fuel filter this past weekend so I was reading the bleeding procedure. The process described was a little complicated. The manual lists a series of steps, in about three different parts of the fuel delivery system, to be followed in a specific order. The instructions also mentioned some odd things, like NOT bleeding the line going to the middle injector.

Maybe none of the parts are bad and you just need to bleed it a certain way?

/ Problems getting Yanmar tractor running. #16  
Still don't know the engine model, don't guess it matters but am I correct that is a priming pump below the injector pump and is it working?

/ Problems getting Yanmar tractor running. #17  
There will be a model an sn on the side og the engine. On my ym2500 I believe it is on the left side of the engine.

/ Problems getting Yanmar tractor running. #18  
off the subject, but got to ask medic0648, were you an army medic?

I'm no expert on diesel engines, but it sounds like you might want to first make sure you are bleeding the system using the proper procedure for that engine.

Can you locate a user manual and follow the specific bleeding instructions for that model Yanmar?

I have a 3-cylinder Yanmar in my JD750. I replaced the fuel filter this past weekend so I was reading the bleeding procedure. The process described was a little complicated. The manual lists a series of steps, in about three different parts of the fuel delivery system, to be followed in a specific order. The instructions also mentioned some odd things, like NOT bleeding the line going to the middle injector.

Maybe none of the parts are bad and you just need to bleed it a certain way?

I don't have a manual for the tractor, but I'm 99% sure I have bled it out correctly based on all the Google searches I have done before posting a thread on this site. I'm fairly well versed in working with the larger diesels, especially the old Detroit's. I started at the fuel filter, and worked my way up the line all the way up to the injectors. No signs of air anywhere in the system.

Still don't know the engine model, don't guess it matters but am I correct that is a priming pump below the injector pump and is it working?

I had put in my original post that it was a 3T series engine. I scraped some paint off the tag on top of the valve cover and was able to decipher....3TN75. You're correct there is a priming pump below the IP. It seems to function fine. When I break the inlet banjo fitting, fuel pours out, and when I press the primer lever on the primary pump with the fitting still open, the fuel really comes out. I pulled the cover on the primer pump thinking there might be a screen filter inside, but no such luck. I don't think I have any restriction issues going into the IP.