'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #131  
Two examples of how a chain can change through out the day, the one on the husky is the first tree of the morning so it’s a touchy grabby vs one that’s been ran most of the morning on the Stihl 500i.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #132  
Flipping a bar is only as good as the oil holes being unplugged and rails being cleaned
Whatever. I'm sure you wrongly assume my oil holes are plugged and the inside rails are loaded with sawdust. Get real. An expired credit card works real well for that. Only been fiddling with saws for better than 45 years now.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #133  
Around here, ALL softwood winds up on the burn pile. No one wants it if it ain't hardwood.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #134  
I am sure everyone have notice but I am a husqvarna guy, sorry for my bias, I respect the other brands and opinions… I have to admit I am intrigued by Stihl and Echo. Seem like Echo is more then a knockoff but when I look at their website for my next chainsaw size range which will probably be a 80cc they are all pretty much at the same price, just like dewalt, makita or milwaukee it is what feels better in your hands … I certainly get my liking for husqvarna from my dad. It was the brand he was using when he was a lumber jack and he was making money and had no problems with his saws… I have talked to him about stihl and he made a face and said I am buying a husky and that’s it… that being said that’s what I used first and it was always a very powerful chainsaws, it was the closes thing from a dirt bike i could get my hands on and it was way too powerful for me… I weight like 80lb with a dryer full of wet clothing on my back but yet i learn to start it and i was making trails and bucking trees with it .. fist time I took it I didn’t even know if I could start it lol … but I am open but probably stick to what i know … if ain’t broke why fix it …

Last edited:
   / 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #135  
I am open to Husky, Stihl or Echo.
I guess I go with Stihl because they manufacture a lot in the USA, there’s a lot of dealership support and they seem to get the job done.
But I’d own any of the 3 and probably a Dolmar if I knew they were still around

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #136  
Stihl just laid off 30% of it's US VA employees. Said profits are at all time high but not selling their stuff.

Even stihl dealers tell ya that means they are charging to much in first place.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #137  
Stihl just laid off 30% of it's US VA employees. Said profits are at all time high but not selling their stuff.

Even stihl dealers tell ya that means they are charging to much in first place.
Where are you seeing profits publicly reported? A brief review of revenue shows they are essentially matching inflation for last FY…which means they’re profits are likely in the toilet.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #138  
Where are you seeing profits publicly reported? A brief review of revenue shows they are essentially matching inflation for last FY…which means they’re profits are likely in the toilet.
Stihl dealers in my chainsaw repair group. Talking stihl itself the head cheeses.

Just search it it's out there. ;)

Got to remember talking stihl as a whole company. Not US alone. We are a pee on for them.

April 2023 they were boasting about record revenues for 2021 and 2022 as a whole.

Last edited:
   / 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #139  
Stihl dealers in my chainsaw repair group. Talking stihl itself the head cheeses.

Just search it it's out there. ;)

Got to remember talking stihl as a whole company. Not US alone. We are a pee on for them.

April 2023 they were boasting about record revenues for 2021 and 2022 as a whole.
That is what’s called hearsay not public info…

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #140  
That is what’s called hearsay not public info…
Dude 🤦‍♂️ stihl posted right on their website. :ROFLMAO:

Close to 6 billion in 2022 alone. Boasting about record profits 2021 and 2022 in April 2023.

My sign at front of bench comes to mind. Just a reminder.

cfssign.jpg

Last edited: