'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #142  
   / 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #143  
Well let’s hope they get things going in the right direction. They make a fine product and my new 261C has been dropping trees and bucking logs like an animal. (y)

1693050065120.jpeg

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #144  
Hay Dude I’ve had my 261 for 3 or 4 years now and I bet you have more hours on yours already. Good luck with it.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #145  
Yeah I’ve already bent the bottom guard and put it through a war with the pine logs.
I need a 500 or 661 For the bigger stuff, but the 261 is a tough saw.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #146  
Speaking of Stihl layoffs, did you guys see fully 50% of all US businesses expect to lay off employees in the remaining months of this year?

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #147  
50% ? That'll put a damper on housing and car sales.

Speaking of saws, my Cub Cadet 5720 got a workout this past week. Click on the picture below for a panoramic view of the mess.

Attachments

• IMG_2868.JPG
    IMG_2868.JPG
    675.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
   / 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #148  
I had am MS250 for over 10 years, great saw for its price and never had a lick of trouble with it. I eventually wanted a bit more power so I upgraded to the 261 Pro saw, same weight as the 250 but with more power, better vibration dampening and better build components. (metal case vs plastic) In my research I found the big thing that makes the pro saws stand out are their power to weight ratios, they tend to be much lighter than there farm and ranch or homeowner saws in the same cc range and make more power.

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #149  
Speaking of Stihl layoffs, did you guys see fully 50% of all US businesses expect to lay off employees in the remaining months of this year?
The other 50% aren't fully staffed now so....

/ 'Professional' grade saws vs. 'Homeowner' saws #150  
Speaking of saws, my Cub Cadet 5720 got a workout this past week. Click on the picture below for a panoramic view of the mess.
Owned one of those efco made saws. Great old school saws with mag case.

Hard as heck to sell it even years back. Folks just dont know their name and parts are tough to get unless you know someone that still sells them or online.

Friend of mine finally traded me out of both my CC ones for practically give away pricing. Since he knew what they were.

e156.jpg
e156xx.jpg
e156xxx.jpg
e156x.jpg