PTO Cement Mixers

/ PTO Cement Mixers #21  
Thanks Cliff, we are both on the same page with this. I though about the wind also, but there is always that ocassional gust. I also though of wetting the portland away from the tractor, and adding that along with the water, making a paste of it so to speak. I also though of a cardboard, or thin plywood shield to keep the slop splash at a minimum. All good ideas, but additional work. Mixing in the bucket I thought also would be good. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ PTO Cement Mixers #22  
Actually guys, it's the lime that ruins your paint and is hard to remove. If you have a good coat of wax on your tractor, it should not be a problem.

/ PTO Cement Mixers #23  
mmmmmm. mmmmmmm. good! Note to self:More work, need to wax tractor before cement work. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ PTO Cement Mixers #24  
Pardon me. I was under the assumption that with the exception of myself, CowBoyDoc and a few others, everyone waxed their tractor here at TBYNet.

I'd wax mine, but I'd need a step ladder as would a few other posters. I relegate mine to power washing and hot spray waxing.

The reason why I say it's the lime as I have a friend who hauls lime from a lime plant to a steel mill and it's destroyed the paint on his Freightliner (not that a Freightliner has a good paint job to begin with). It's also built up on the frame, fuel tanks and about everywhere. It's nasty stuff.

/ PTO Cement Mixers #25  
Spraying something slick on my tractor before mixing was what I was thinking. Light oil?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ PTO Cement Mixers
"Do you ever feel the whole world is a tuxedo and you're a brown shoe." Apparently, I'm out of my league here. I don't even wax my car, much less my tractor. However, I have been toying with the idea of air fresheners. Of course, since I don't have a cab on my tractor, I still have a few bugs to work out. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ PTO Cement Mixers #27  
Pamm, the non-stick veggie spray. That should do the trick.

/ PTO Cement Mixers #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Spraying something slick on my tractor before mixing was what I was thinking. Light oil?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Kerosene would work, just like the fireman do. rinse it off with hot water, towel dry and have an amazing shine. Retards rust too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ PTO Cement Mixers #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "Of course, since I don't have a cab on my tractor, I still have a few bugs to work out. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

You've left yourself wide open for a good comment and I'll oblige......

Depending on how fast you drive your tractor will determine how many bugs you have to work out (of your teeth). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All in fun.

/ PTO Cement Mixers #30  
I have posted several times about 3-pt mixers here and on TractorPoint. I bought my Mixer80 new about 6 yr ago and I
have used it many times for concrete and stucco. I think
that they need a double acting dump cylinder, not the single
acting one that most of them come with. Also the gearing
on my unit is such that it ideally needs a lower drum rotation
speed. Both my Kubota L2550 and my Kioti CK 30 tractors
at idle turned the drum faster than I wanted at times.

One last comment...if your tractor is a low profile unit, like
a B-series Kubota or a JD 955, it will be harder to fully dump
the mixer.