PTO connect battle

/ PTO connect battle #41  
You don't know what you don't know! (- by definition!) ......

A few years ago, we discovered a problem at work that we had not previously known about. I called the corporate office to let them know, and the person on the phone asked me: "Is there anything else you guys don't know about that we should know?" :confused:

/ PTO connect battle #42  
Yeah, what he said^^^^ And I've yet to see a PTO shaft assembly come with directions as to how to install the yolk onto the PTO shaft stub.
And like grease guns- you'd be amazed at how many people have been using them for entire lifetimes and can't figure out why the knurled end gets stuck on some zerks. And that the working end of the gun's hose/pipe usually has knurled section that allows loosening or tightening of the internal jaw pieces to allow removal from a zerk?
These things seem obvious once the knowledge is acquired, but not until then.

WHAT? The knurled section can be loosened or tightened?

Well, yeah, I feel dumb now.

BTW, while reading about all the guys having trouble hooking up the PTO shaft I get a little comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one. Yeah, it gets easier with practice. Like most everything else.

I used to dread changing implements - now it is no big deal

I used to dread greasing implements - now it is no big deal

NOW I know that grease gun couplers are adjustable I wonder if I wasted money on the Lock N Lube. Nah, just another option.

/ PTO connect battle #43  
Might try cleaning the implement end with a toothbrush and some paint thinner or degreaser. They can get muck on them that act like glue. A clean unit and a little lube can make a bit of difference

/ PTO connect battle
I知 thinking when I had my 755 you could put the lever in the mow pto position and then the rear pto could spin freely???

You are correct. I ordered a knob to replace the missing one and tried it tonight. That would have been some good info to put in the owners operation manual but I didn't see any mention of it.

Like I said I never had any reason to put the selector in the front position but now I do. :)