PTO speeds

/ PTO speeds #41  
You are referring to tractors the size of the JD series 1, correct? That makes absolutely no sense that a company would manufacture a tractor that can't do anything. The series 1 JD is quite a good little tractor.

/ PTO speeds #42  
Here's a Yanmar FRONT pto accessory on Ebay today. It has an electric clutch to connect/disconnect its output from the constantly turning shaft that is attached to the engine's front pulley.

This clutch is essentially the same as an automotive A/C compressor on/off clutch - or at least the old ones that I'm familiar with.

YANMAR Front PTO for YM18, 186, 187, 22, 226, 276 & 336. Also fits John Deere | eBay

This device uses electricity only to engage the clutch, not electrical energy to spin its output.

I suspect the 'electric' tractor PTO's work like this.

/ PTO speeds #43  
You are correct, as usual, California. An "electric" PTO on a tractor merely refers to the clutch. More accurately described as electro-magnetic clutch. They work extremely well, have one on my JD420 but boy they are dear to replace if it comes to that. That one on eBay you referenced is actually a really good deal.

/ PTO speeds #44  
Here's a Yanmar FRONT pto accessory on Ebay today. It has an electric clutch to connect/disconnect its output from the constantly turning shaft that is attached to the engine's front pulley.

This clutch is essentially the same as an automotive A/C compressor on/off clutch - or at least the old ones that I'm familiar with.

YANMAR Front PTO for YM18, 186, 187, 22, 226, 276 & 336. Also fits John Deere | eBay

This device uses electricity only to engage the clutch, not electrical energy to spin its output.

I suspect the 'electric' tractor PTO's work like this.

Here's one of the largest OE manufactures of those devices

Clutch Products | Warner Electric