PTO step up gearbox

/ PTO step up gearbox
The 5045E was only offered with the 9x3 transmission. The dry clutch is an Carraro unit. It is built backwards of most dual clutches with the transmission disc captured and the pto disc at the front free. This is a pain as you either have to disassemble the entire clutch to replace the transmission disc or replace the entire pressure plate assembly. This is a poor design since the transmission discs wear out sooner than the pto for most applications. It has the same life expectancy of a normal clutch, but makes no sense why they did what they did.

No need to be extra careful with a dry clutch, just don't be dumb and ride the clutch. Dry clutches have worked just fine since the days of steam. The key is to be a good operator. Riding a clutch is bad, no matter if its a wet or dry clutch.
Well, I think you know more about the 9x3 than anyone else I've come across. Big 10/4 on proper clutch use. I also bring my engine rpm back near idle before engaging the clutch. Saves a lot of wear. I hear those who leave their engine run about 1600rpm while doing loader work, etc with lots of direction changing and also watch them head to the shop for a clutch. There's a foot throttle. Use it.

Back to the E-pto thing. To me, the rears look the same with the 9x3 as the 12 speed. So makes me wonder if it is possible to add epto to the 9x3. Maybe some day I'll find one cheap with a burned front end and give it a try.

I did not want the hydraulic shuttle shift because of all the extra electronics and we are in dirt and dust all the time, plus a lot of washing. Also totally mechanical was a lot cheaper.

Thank you

/ PTO step up gearbox
Ive been running a Priefert LS7 for 15yrs & like it well.
Love the offset of it.
I’d like to try the CreekView
I've never used a priefert, but they are well respected. I'm pretty happy with the creekview except for those hard, dried out nuggets here and there, it won't touch. I bought a bigger sprocket for the drive, which brought my engine rpm down to about 1600, so that's pretty nice now.

/ PTO step up gearbox #23  
Back to the E-pto thing. To me, the rears look the same with the 9x3 as the 12 speed. So makes me wonder if it is possible to add epto to the 9x3. Maybe some day I'll find one cheap with a burned front end and give it a try.
The E-PTO function is in the transmission section. I do not think you can remove just that section of the transmission and transplant it. Brown Dog listed what transmissions came with E-PTO.
540E-PTO is only paired with the JD 12spd Power Reverser Trans Option which is also wet clutch.
1000 PTO is only available as an option in JD 5k series M & bigger.
I am no expert on the transmission. That damn clutch caused me a lot of headache at work. Not that it is bad, just different.

/ PTO step up gearbox #24  
What pollution system does your tractor have??
Do you have a soot filter on the exhaust?

If so,, running the engine slow will clog the soot filter quickly,,

Running at full engine speed (which ain't much) keeps the emissions systems working properly.

So, running the engine at less than full speed,, may make YOU feel better,,
BUT, it is BAD for the emissions.

I listen to my JD dealer,, I run the JD 4052R at full speed whenever possible.
It is a necessity of the times,,

/ PTO step up gearbox
The E-PTO function is in the transmission section. I do not think you can remove just that section of the transmission and transplant it. Brown Dog listed what transmissions came with E-PTO.
The epto lever is mounted beside the back of the transmission for access, but doesn't look like it goes into the transmission. Rather, it is connected to a rod that runs back over the rear axle and enters the rear at the back end above the pto... Wouldn't be easy at best.

/ PTO step up gearbox #26  
… I'm pretty happy with the creekview except for those hard, dried out nuggets … I bought a bigger sprocket for the drive, which brought my engine rpm down to about 1600, so that's pretty nice now.
Old Thread I know for the InnerWeb police lol

is this bigger drive sprocket you mention inside the CreekView Pulverizer gearbox ?