PTO step up gearbox

/ PTO step up gearbox #11  
Thanks for the comeback. Sounds like what I'm looking for. Any ideas of where to find them?
Just get a hydraulic motor with a tractor pto stub on it. That's the simplest thing to do. No shortening drive shafts. Just take them off. Direct couple motor to implement, hoses from tractor to motor. If you don't have enough hydrs on tractor, get a pto pump too. I've owned both, so they are common.

/ PTO step up gearbox #12  
So the 5045E was not offered with a 1000rpm, or a 540E PTO.
Hub city offers a speed increaser for taking a 540 to 1000rpm allowing you to run at almost 1/2 speed. The part number is 0220-06207-390 and I am not sure if they still offer them.

/ PTO step up gearbox #14  
So the 5045E was not offered with a 1000rpm, or a 540E PTO.

540E-PTO is only paired with the JD 12spd Power Reverser Trans Option which is also wet clutch.

540 Economy is the best thing ever & well worth the extra $$ with PR Trans.

1000 PTO is only available as an option in JD 5k series M & bigger.

JD 9spd with 3cyl motors are all dry clutch units so be extremely careful using clutch with engine revved up high : heat is murder on a dry clutch.

/ PTO step up gearbox #16  
540E-PTO is only paired with the JD 12spd Power Reverser Trans Option which is also wet clutch.
JD 9spd with 3cyl motors are all dry clutch units so be extremely careful using clutch with engine revved up high : heat is murder on a dry clutch.
The 5045E was only offered with the 9x3 transmission. The dry clutch is an Carraro unit. It is built backwards of most dual clutches with the transmission disc captured and the pto disc at the front free. This is a pain as you either have to disassemble the entire clutch to replace the transmission disc or replace the entire pressure plate assembly. This is a poor design since the transmission discs wear out sooner than the pto for most applications. It has the same life expectancy of a normal clutch, but makes no sense why they did what they did.

No need to be extra careful with a dry clutch, just don't be dumb and ride the clutch. Dry clutches have worked just fine since the days of steam. The key is to be a good operator. Riding a clutch is bad, no matter if its a wet or dry clutch.

/ PTO step up gearbox #17  
Here is a gearbox that would get you 810 rpm with a 540 rpm input.
This 1:1.5 gearbox should do this
2100 engine rpm = 540 pto rpm
1400 engine rpm = 540 pto rpm
1696889592383.png

I don't see a HP rating and it would take some fabrication to get the output shaft back to 1 3/8" 6 spline.

/ PTO step up gearbox #18  
Here is a gearbox that would get you 810 rpm with a 540 rpm input.
This 1:1.5 gearbox should do this
2100 engine rpm = 540 pto rpm
1400 engine rpm = 540 pto rpm
View attachment 826146
I don't see a HP rating and it would take some fabrication to get the output shaft back to 1 3/8" 6 spline.
That one in particular is for a Group 2 Hydraulic pump and being that it's for hydraulic pumps and made out of aluminium, it has a lot let HP rating. Typically in the 13HP range. The other face of the multiplier has the correct 4 bolt mounting for the pump along with the female spline drive socket.

/ PTO step up gearbox #19  
Comer is a company that makes a lot of different ag style gear boxes. I believe they have some to 540 up to 750 RPM