Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #101  
Not sure where I posted my location, but that's alright. Just a few miles from Wrenshall. Anyway, you prefer the front end blower. I have thought about that. I have the midpoint PTO for it, but from what I have heard mounting and dismounting is not particularly quick and easy and I will want to use my bucket and grapple throughout the winter so tying up the FEL with a blower all winter is not high on my list.

On the other hand, that is why I'm watching this thread. Trying to learn.

PS Weatherunderground is currently listing a total of 14.9 inches before Wednesday morning.
I the info from your avatar on the left side of the screen.

Here is a screen shot.

Musdalen

Gold Member​

Joined Jan 1, 2017
Messages 275
Location STORY CITY, IA
TractorFord 8N

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #102  
I the info from your avatar on the left side of the screen.

Here is a screen shot.

Musdalen

Gold Member​

Joined Jan 1, 2017
Messages 275
Location STORY CITY, IA
TractorFord 8N
Ha, you are saved. Maybe. I'm interested in blowers for my driveway up north near Duluth. Weather here will just be ultra-miserable with relatively little snow build up. You must be getting the same rain on snow/slush that I have now. Nothing for a blower to mess with.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #103  
I personally want to thank all those who bought snow blowers last fall. I'm certain it's the reason we got no snow here at all this winter! :)

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #105  
Well the Normand inverted blew every bit of the snow away! No issues, just used a lower gear!

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpeg
    IMG_2317.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2327.jpeg
    IMG_2327.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2341.jpeg
    IMG_2341.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
   / Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #106  
I had my blower raised up to not dig into the gravel. It did not leave any tractor tracks left behind. My tractor weights in at 12,800 with fuel and me. People always worry the blower will not remove the tracks, it’s total BS. You can lean back or come forward with the top link to get mor or less aggressive writhing the cut.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
   / Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #107  
Jrob, what speed do you run the PTO at? That thing is really throwing snow. My MK Martin at a shaft speed of 540 doesn't throw the snow nearly that far.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #108  
My John Deere 5105m has regular PTO 540 at 2100 rpm’s and Economy PTO 540 at 1750 rpm’s. I always run it in economy and the computer will only let the rpm’s go slightly over to like 1850-1900. When it’s under load the computer lets me give it more juice to keep it at 540 or slightly more.

When I was out about noon, the snow was starting to melt and get heavy. I of course waited until the storm was over and accumulated the whole 18”. My ground speed was about 1.5-2 mph. Typically when there is less I go around 4-5 mph. My tractor also has a hi/lo in it giving me 32 speeds forward and 16 reverse. It seams I’m always able to find the right speed up hill, down hill, slower or faster.

Attachments

• IMG_2345.jpeg
    IMG_2345.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2341.jpeg
    IMG_2341.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2327.jpeg
    IMG_2327.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2321.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
   / Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #109  
Jrob, what speed do you run the PTO at? That thing is really throwing snow. My MK Martin at a shaft speed of 540 doesn't throw the snow nearly that far.
Many differences here. The main one is probably the diameter of the blower. I expect his is a 27" giving a higher tip speed. Snow density is always a factor. HP when you can really load the snow into the blower makes it throw further. He has a beautiful setup there. Not a typical homeowner. Truthfully blowing distance is usually a bragging rite. If your does not blow well check the tolerance on the fan wall. The side going up to the discharge. Too much distance and you cannot blow slush. Back in the day of silage blowing they always told us for good performance to pick up a nickel and leave a dime. That is the proper clearance.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #110  
That thing really seems to launch the snow, but at 1,900 rpm, I bet you're up close to 600 rpm. My TYM has a 3 speed PTO (540, 750, 1,000). I suspect my 750 is close to your 540E. I'm a 4 speed, 3 speed, 2 speed, giving me 24. Ain't it great to always have the gear you need?
I be nervous to tackle all 18" at once. More worried about my tractor pushing through 18" than the blower being able to handle it. And of course once you can't handle it, you're screwed.