Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #111  
Many differences here. The main one is probably the diameter of the blower. I expect his is a 27" giving a higher tip speed. Snow density is always a factor. HP when you can really load the snow into the blower makes it throw further. He has a beautiful setup there. Not a typical homeowner. Truthfully blowing distance is usually a bragging rite. If your does not blow well check the tolerance on the fan wall. The side going up to the discharge. Too much distance and you cannot blow slush. Back in the day of silage blowing they always told us for good performance to pick up a nickel and leave a dime. That is the proper clearance.
I've heard of people bolting rubber mud flaps to the fan to really close up the tolerance. I've never checked mine. For me, all that really matters is to get he snow off the driveway.
My driveway is 3,000'.
Snow blower is a MK Martin 72" inverted.
Tractor is a TYM T754 gear drive.
Two big hills that sometimes give me trouble getting up. I'm working on rerouting one of those.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #112  
I've heard of people bolting rubber mud flaps to the fan to really close up the tolerance. I've never checked mine. For me, all that really matters is to get he snow off the driveway.
My driveway is 3,000'.
Two big hills that sometimes give me trouble getting up. I'm working on rerouting one of those.
I did exactly that to a land pride blower I had years ago and it made an amazing diff. Very noticeable in the slush that is almost water.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #113  
Many differences here. The main one is probably the diameter of the blower. I expect his is a 27" giving a higher tip speed. Snow density is always a factor. HP when you can really load the snow into the blower makes it throw further. He has a beautiful setup there. Not a typical homeowner. Truthfully blowing distance is usually a bragging rite. If your does not blow well check the tolerance on the fan wall. The side going up to the discharge. Too much distance and you cannot blow slush. Back in the day of silage blowing they always told us for good performance to pick up a nickel and leave a dime. That is the proper clearance.
I believe the fan is 28” and I can not off the top of my head say how deep. It seams to throw the snow far weather wet or powder. I know one time when it was pretty wet, it came out in like sheets of snow if that makes any sense?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #114  
My driveway is 3,000'.
If my tractor starts to struggle( hop or bounce some) I will pick up the blower which adds 1800# to the rear, drive up through the snow and blow back down hill. I would do this only to not break anything in the driveline. Most times I go down doing a full 92” and on the way back up the hill I’m only doing like 72-84”.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #115  
That thing really seems to launch the snow, but at 1,900 rpm, I bet you're up close to 600 rpm. My TYM has a 3 speed PTO (540, 750, 1,000). I suspect my 750 is close to your 540E. I'm a 4 speed, 3 speed, 2 speed, giving me 24. Ain't it great to always have the gear you need?
I be nervous to tackle all 18" at once. More worried about my tractor pushing through 18" than the blower being able to handle it. And of course once you can't handle it, you're screwed.
I mainly for the most part try to run right at 540 rpm so I don’t over speed the unit.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #116  
Pretty much the same as my 92 Cyclone. I am generally running about 450 rpm but hardly ever in the deep stuff. Lower rpm means higher gear meaning less range changes when I get to the road.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #117  
Pretty much the same as my 92 Cyclone. I am generally running about 450 rpm but hardly ever in the deep stuff. Lower rpm means higher gear meaning less range changes when I get to the road.
I have heard very good things on the Cyclones. I have also watched many YouTube videos on them as well.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #118  
I cannot speak on any other brand of hybrid as this is all I have run. Most would say this is the best as that is what I have. I will not say that as I have never compared.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #119  
If my tractor starts to struggle( hop or bounce some) I will pick up the blower which adds 1800# to the rear, drive up through the snow and blow back down hill. I would do this only to not break anything in the driveline. Most times I go down doing a full 92” and on the way back up the hill I’m only doing like 72-84”.
If I'm losing traction, yup, I normally take most of the weight of the blower on the lift arms. Weight is a wonderful thing.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #120  
A friend of mine hast a Pronovost 92” inverted blower, my Normand and his are almost identical. His was beat up and he totally rebuilt it as well as blasted and painted it JD colors. My blower is a 2018 model, given there’s 10 or more differences they are basically the same.

I know Normand also makes a hybrid as well. It YouTube videos the only complaints I saw was the Pronovost uses a bolt together hitch. Some broke the upper link that hitches to the top link. I guess the replacements were better according to the users.

I own a Pronovost dump wagon and it’s a great piece of equipment. I would definitely by a Cyclone if I were to go the hybrid style. For my use on my long drive it works great and saved my a bunch of money. I bought it in 2019 with only 4 hours on it for under $7k. It’s a sweet set up for me but I can see where someone like you doing driveways for a business, the hybrids rule for many reasons. I’d like to get one but the $$$ keeps me in check!