Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT.
Wonder if there are any regulations on these Electric amazon vans? Those drivers are not very bright.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #43  
Most weigh stations I've seen around here say: "No pickups."
I just went through one and they waived me through once they saw I was empty and had a DOT #

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #45  
One problem is the cost of getting a CDL. I wonder if there is going to be a shortage. I don’t know if it an Illinois thing or national but now you have to take a class to get you CDL. It ends up costing a few thousand dollars. I think it’s fairly easy to find the classes it seems like junior colleges are offering them.

Seems like some of the semi drivers around here graduated from cab school in NYC and they put them right in a semi truck. Can't communicate on deliveries and they have a heck of a time turning their trailers around. Scary they are on the road.

There is one fellow that drives semi for Fed Ex that delivers at the club. He is a master at his craft. Whips that trailer around the cars like a magician. I tell the guys when he pulls in. "Watch this guy, He is amazing."

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #48  
One problem is the cost of getting a CDL. I wonder if there is going to be a shortage. I don’t know if it an Illinois thing or national but now you have to take a class to get you CDL. It ends up costing a few thousand dollars. I think it’s fairly easy to find the classes it seems like junior colleges are offering them.

Yes you need to take a class everywhere to get a CDL.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #49  
For
Yes you need to take a class everywhere to get a CDL.
the ones I called couldn’t understand that I wanted the CDL for driving a dually and equipment trailer. Told me it was basically set up to get big rig drivers a job and I would have to line up my own 18wheeler to take the test.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #50  
Yes it’s setup for big rigs, it doesn’t matter what you’re driving if you need a CDL. If I had gotten mine I would have been driving a single or tandem axle dump trucks. I’d have needed an air brake endorsement also. The class I would have taken would be setup up for 18 wheelers and I think around here they supply the truck for the class. I think if I’d have done it right away after I retired I’d have beaten the taking a class requirement.