Putting in new trails. Best way to clear saplings

/ Putting in new trails. Best way to clear saplings #41  
Well I've given up on the dozer idea. I made the mistake of stopping by my local dealer and he had a nice Bobcat 331 mini excavator. It got me thinking whether this would be a option. I did some research and found several flail type mulcher heads for mini excavators. Does anyone have any experience with these on the smaller excavators? This would've ideal in that I could use to to trim over hanging branches on my trails as well as ditch and pond mowing. Any thoughts?

I used them at work,gotta little blade up there,sounds like a good deal. I like using the excavators with the thumps when clearing brush,I always picked the 320hoe over the D6dozer clearing pipe-line R.O.W's. My $6500 dozer...
d31p komatsu.JPGbefore dozed.jpgcleanup to new pond.jpg

/ Putting in new trails. Best way to clear saplings
Ok I've given up on on the dozer idea. It seems I'd have to get a real big dozer for it to be useful in brush clearing. Over the weekend I made the mistake of stopping into my dealer and he had a nice Bobcat 331 mini excavator. It got me wondering how well this would work and how useful it would be. I noticed that they sell mulcher heads for the mini excavators. Doss anyone have any experience running one on the smaller mini excavators? Something in the 3.5 ton class range? I have backhoe attachment on my Dk35 but it lacks the oomph to clear much brush. I'm thinking a mulcher would be useful in ditch and pond bank mowing too. It would also be handy in clearing over hanging branches and tree limbs on my trails Any thoughts?