Quick Hitches quick hitch problems

/ quick hitch problems #31  
My Land Pride QH-15 (Cat 1) uses Cat 3 pins, upper and lower. I know the JD does also.

[/url]

Interesting. I just ordered a QH15 and waiting for delivery. The dealer said it doesn't need bushings. So I called Land Pride and they too said it doesn't NEED bushings but that I might want to use them to tighten things up a bit. Huh? I'm purchasing a new RB1560 blade as well so I hope everything fits.

I have a draw bar and boom pole that I will try to get to work once I receive the hitch.

Do you know if the QH15 can use any other brand of bushings? The bushing table on the QH15 manual is very confusing. Most bushings I've seen have a large outer collar on them but the illustrations in the QH15 manual shows bushing as straignt pieces of tubing.

I was initially looking at the Speeco quick-hitch but in the end decided on the Land Pride as I assumed the RB1560 and QH15 would go together without any issues. I agree with the previous post though, for what the QH15 costs it should come with a whole box of bushings.

/ quick hitch problems #32  
Interesting. I just ordered a QH15 and waiting for delivery. The dealer said it doesn't need bushings. So I called Land Pride and they too said it doesn't NEED bushings but that I might want to use them to tighten things up a bit. Huh? I'm purchasing a new RB1560 blade as well so I hope everything fits.

I have a draw bar and boom pole that I will try to get to work once I receive the hitch.

Do you know if the QH15 can use any other brand of bushings? The bushing table on the QH15 manual is very confusing. Most bushings I've seen have a large outer collar on them but the illustrations in the QH15 manual shows bushing as straignt pieces of tubing.

I was initially looking at the Speeco quick-hitch but in the end decided on the Land Pride as I assumed the RB1560 and QH15 would go together without any issues. I agree with the previous post though, for what the QH15 costs it should come with a whole box of bushings.

Well, your dealer may be right. I doesn't NEED bushings, but I sure would WANT bushings. The lower hooks will accept 1 7/16" pins, but your lower pins are 7/8". That's more than the thickness of 1/4" wall tubing. The top hook accepts 1 1/4" pins, but your top link pins are only 3/4", again the thickness of 1/4 inch wall tubing. So yes, I suppose in theory one could run without bushings, but I wouldn't want to.
I believe a set of lower bushings comes with the QH-15. The LP QH-15 is a nice, well made piece of equipment though, and Made in the USA. You will see in the owners manual that there are lower bushings in different lengths. If you do not have the clevis type mount on your implements, you can use the stepped style bushings that are commonly available most anywhere, but many LP implements use the clevis style, which I happen to like. To save $$, you can always pick up a random length of DOM steel tubing and cut your own to length, but in some instances, a bit of clearance may need to be bored into the tubing. A 5 minute job for ANY machine shop.

It's a little antsy in the beginning getting all your implements set up properly, but it's well worth it in the end! Good luck with your new QH.. you're gonna' love it!

/ quick hitch problems #33  
I thought the QH adapters were something like $3-5 a piece at TSC. I was thinking you could deffinitly get them at agrisupply for that?

/ quick hitch problems
   / quick hitch problems #36  
I made these myself for about $3, i needed these for my land-plane clevis hitch. I picked up my individual bushings on clearance for 50 cents a pair so bought all they had which was good for 4 attachments. Try to find yourself a friend or machine shop with a lathe, a lot cheaper than buying them

Attachments

• image-4188972884.jpg
    image-4188972884.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 409
  • image-4230291852.jpg
    image-4230291852.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 302
   / quick hitch problems
I made these myself for about $3, i needed these for my land-plane clevis hitch. I picked up my individual bushings on clearance for 50 cents a pair so bought all they had which was good for 4 attachments. Try to find yourself a friend or machine shop with a lathe, a lot cheaper than buying them

I thought about making a set but the ones you buy are forged and should hold up better. I doubt anyone with a lathe would make 2 for 12.99.

/ quick hitch problems
My qh was like Artisan's and the lift arm pins were too small. So I drilled them out to the proper size (7/8") and also cleaned up the toplink adjustment holes by running a 1/2" drill bit through them. I found some 7/8" pins for the lift arms to replace the ones that were to small. 7/8" x 2-1/2" Plain Finish Clevis Pin | Fastenal

/ quick hitch problems #39  
Well, your dealer may be right. I doesn't NEED bushings, but I sure would WANT bushings. The lower hooks will accept 1 7/16" pins, but your lower pins are 7/8". That's more than the thickness of 1/4" wall tubing. The top hook accepts 1 1/4" pins, but your top link pins are only 3/4", again the thickness of 1/4 inch wall tubing. So yes, I suppose in theory one could run without bushings, but I wouldn't want to.
I believe a set of lower bushings comes with the QH-15. The LP QH-15 is a nice, well made piece of equipment though, and Made in the USA. You will see in the owners manual that there are lower bushings in different lengths. If you do not have the clevis type mount on your implements, you can use the stepped style bushings that are commonly available most anywhere, but many LP implements use the clevis style, which I happen to like. To save $$, you can always pick up a random length of DOM steel tubing and cut your own to length, but in some instances, a bit of clearance may need to be bored into the tubing. A 5 minute job for ANY machine shop.

It's a little antsy in the beginning getting all your implements set up properly, but it's well worth it in the end! Good luck with your new QH.. you're gonna' love it!
I have one on my BX. I havent found a need for any bushings since the pins are captured and the allowed slop in the loose fit has never been a problem. There could be cases where it is I guess, but in most situations its just aesthetics. I do use a 7/8" washer just inside the lynch pins tho.
larry

/ quick hitch problems #40  
Artisan, for you top link adapter could you, weld like a top on the adapter so it doesn't pivot up or down, here is a photo I took off a YouTube video "it's how to make a toplink adapter"

Attachments

• image-147521646.jpg
    image-147521646.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 867
  • image-2766199389.jpg
    image-2766199389.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 692