Quick Soft Cab

/ Quick Soft Cab #11  
thanks for posting this barry.....I am seriously considering doing this.......since I sit up high the roof hits the overhanging branches full of snow and dumps it all on my lap......plus the frigid blowing snow was a real pain recently.......do you know what manufacturer of cart enclosure you have?.......also any concerns with the heat of the lights against the vinyl?........Jack

/ Quick Soft Cab
thanks for posting this barry.....I am seriously considering doing this.......since I sit up high the roof hits the overhanging branches full of snow and dumps it all on my lap......plus the frigid blowing snow was a real pain recently.......do you know what manufacturer of cart enclosure you have?.......also any concerns with the heat of the lights against the vinyl?........Jack

Unfortunately this soft cab has been sitting in my garage folded up in a zippered bag with no label for about 5 years now so I don't remember which manufacturer I ordered it from. I think they are all pretty much the same in size as it was intended for a golf cart..

As for my lights they are Led so they give off very little heat.. The homemade roof keeps the lights around 6 inches away from the heavy plastic window. So it works out great for me ...

After seeing how this works out the only thing I might add is a small fan over the window on the inside, to help keep away any fog build up. I anticipate the small amount of heat coming off of the lights may also help keep the inside window clear ..

/ Quick Soft Cab #13  
Here is our golf cart canopy on our L3830:
1515942056012.jpg

Aaron Z

/ Quick Soft Cab
:thumbsup:

/ Quick Soft Cab #15  
thanks barry......I think I will need one that zips at all the corners due to the irregular shape of the tall pt I have.......so I can roll up the bottom at the sides to clear the wheels as well as keep it away from the exhaust pipe that runs right under the side step which can get pretty hot.......since I sit on top of the engine I'm thinking I will have plenty of heat inside but I will have to think about the fresh air intake for the engine....these soft enclosures are not exactly air tight but it would be draping right over the side vents to the engine compartment.....I guess I could always just roll the bottom up some more at those locations......you got the old brain thinking.....lol.....Jack

/ Quick Soft Cab #16  
So let me ask the question... why try and enclose the cab on a machine never really designed to have an enclosed cab. One of these has got to be a lot cheaper and much safer option...

Stohlquist EZ Drysuit

/ Quick Soft Cab #17  
So let me ask the question... why try and enclose the cab on a machine never really designed to have an enclosed cab. One of these has got to be a lot cheaper and much safer option...

Stohlquist EZ Drysuit

They are made for PowerTrac owners.... per the description:

Articulated armored knees

/ Quick Soft Cab #18  

well there's a lot of things these machines are used for that they were never designed for :laughing: just because PT decided that it wasn't worth their while to come up with an enclosure option doesn't mean there shouldn't be one......granted the amount of owners who would opt for one is probably pretty small and I'm sure thats why there aren't any third party ones either....there just isn't enough volume to make it cost effective for a manufacturer to do......I'm an ex-skier so I've got all the proper winter wear and thermals and what nots but let me tell you when it's -5F with a 10 mph wind blowing snow in your face you get freaking cold......haha......you haven't lived until your eyelashes are frozen shut and you have snotsicles hanging from your nose......it's just not a pleasant look......lol......some of these golf cart enclosures go for $50 so if there's a way to make it work it's worth a shot to me......Jack

/ Quick Soft Cab #19  
They are made for PowerTrac owners.... per the description:

Articulated armored knees

except when you run into something and your knees smash against the front!......haven't done that this year yet but we're only a couple of weeks in......lol......Jack

/ Quick Soft Cab #20  
I've never hit my knees. I'm 6' tall. But I have hit things like stumps and put the steering wheel in my gut! :shocked: