Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"
That looks great!

If that was mine I would wind up with all kinds of stuff stacked on the trailer so whenever I needed it all that stuff would have to be moved.
That’s exactly what i did, loaded all my ssqa and 3-pt implements onto the trailer, all on pallets and using my ssqa forks. It would take me 20-30 minutes to get the trailer ready for some random use. But after it sat still for 2+ years, I figured i could take that risk, haha.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #62  
I store stuff on my trailer but only lightweight things so I can clear it in a few minutes.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #63  
That’s exactly what i did, loaded all my ssqa and 3-pt implements onto the trailer, all on pallets and using my ssqa forks. It would take me 20-30 minutes to get the trailer ready for some random use. But after it sat still for 2+ years, I figured i could take that risk, haha.
2 days from now you're going to need it

2 days from now you're going to need it
Nah I'm not as cool as most of y'all, I really wanted a car-hauler, and it came in a package-deal with my tractor, but I honestly have no real need for it, so it has sat around languishing. I can't bring myself to think about selling it though. Someday I'll need to take my tractor across town again, or buy some long materials, but that will be a long-planned summer project or such.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #65  
Nah I'm not as cool as most of y'all, I really wanted a car-hauler, and it came in a package-deal with my tractor, but I honestly have no real need for it, so it has sat around languishing. I can't bring myself to think about selling it though. Someday I'll need to take my tractor across town again, or buy some long materials, but that will be a long-planned summer project or such.
definitely cooler than me, i don't have one but do want one!

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #66  
For those tarps needing to shed or suport snow before cleaning. I took 3/4" pvc pipe, slung it under the ridge pipe held in place with zip ties. Ends were in the branch side of 3/4" x 1 1/2" run end pipe Tees. The side opposite of the branch of the tee was cut off to allow to go over the top plate pipes. (If the size of the Tees went over the top plate pipes would work also.) The length of the pipe was such to puff up the tarp between rafters. Kind of like OP is using with the ratchet straps but the tarp starts off raised up, not flat/angled between top pate and ridge pipes. Too much snow, the added pvc rafters, might flex down, but go inside and snap them up. Had a flatter pitch tarp system 20ft long x ~12ft wide for firewood for about 30 years. Went through 3 tarps I think. Wind and degrading got the tarps. Jon

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #67  
I have never seen a tarp last more than three years. I have considered steel containers, but prices have gone up significantly in my area.

IMO if the OP can get three years of use out of $600 that is damn good.

This cheaper and basic 10x17’ harbor freight tent shed is at least 9 years old, possibly 10-12 years (i bought used on Craigslist from a guy finishing his home build). Loads of snow, ice, rain and normal storm winds in Michigan.

Note: this is two 10x17 sheds combined into one; double tent cover, some extra poles inside, and my extra support idea via ratchet-straps. At this point I don’t even bother knocking the snow off, but I probably should. This might not look like a lot of snow, but it’s actually ice bricks and very heavy.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #69  
How do people clear the snow from these sheds? The Shelter Logic I just put up has a 12 foot center height, so the walls are almost 10 feet and I can't reach the roof easily.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #70  
Tips on garage tents:
1. Keep the tarp TIGHT! The wind will wear the material into wrinkles, then rain and snow will over stretch the sags.

2. Tie it down with those stupid anchors, lag-bolt it to 6x6's, Tie it to whatever you put in it! The wind has nothing better to do than BLOW all day and all night.

3. Keep the doors closed at all time.

Doing these three things will help them last longer. I have used them, lost them (completely gone!), seen many rolling through back yards, cleaned up so many of these over the last 20 years it's crazy. (salvage, resell parts, scrap, and get paid to make them go away)
The latest one I have is a 12 x 13 x 20 gothic arch model by shelter logic. I gave my daughter 150 for her frame, and found a replacement cover on marketplace for 200 (lady bought it and her husband went with metal roofing). Since I already had 6x6's milled out, I used them for a base and screwed 2x6's along both sides for alignment, before setting the tent on and lag bolting it down. I also drove oak grade stake deep in the ground and screwed them to the 6x6's.

If I can keep it tight, it'll make it til spring. It has already survived three major storms here in south central Maine, one storm recorded 63MPH gust(s) here on the home-weather-station.