Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"
Pretty light winter here. Kind of a bummer to be honest, not much sledding for the kids, I never went x-country skiing, only downhill snowboarded twice at a local smaller hill.

So naturally the shed is holding up perfectly. I tried parking a couple different things in it over the last week or so. Makes my tractor feel small.

gGNRPDQ.jpg

But the truck is a hair longer than the shed's internal length. I would not like having the front and rear doors flapping on my painted bumper covers if a storm was coming through. Oh well, thats not what I erected it for.

AxUjZQe.jpg

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"
Shed is holding up well. A note of advice to anyone else who erects one of these - pay attention to the so-called "S" hooks that are pre attached on the ratchets for the cover straps. I don't know why they didn't bend the S of the hook down to a normal curve, but those stupid things barely get any purchase on the holes in the lower frame and easily slip out very easily. They are more like a z hook kind of thing.

My rear door cover came loose and when I went to fix it, a gust of wind grabbed the whole door flap, and pulled the strap all the way out of the cover on one side. Many a 4 letter word were uttered in response. After getting it pushed back through and everything tightened up again, I ended up using zip-ties to make sure the ratchet hooks can't come off again.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #83  
Our Shelter Logic Garage in a Box made it three years before the sun-rotted fabric gave way. Both shelters failed within a week of each other. The replacement covers cost twice as much as the original cost of the units. This time around, we added 20 mil tarps over the new fabric. We get lots of wind and 3-4 feet of snow and they are holding up well. Sure can't afford building anything out of wood these days.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #84  
I bought the HF 10’x17’ and put it front of my dad’s garage so I could work on my car during the winter. It worked out great until the spring wind. Even though I had 2 rows of cinderblock around 3 sides and stapled the opening to the garage, the wind picked it up and carried it over the neighbors garage and tumbled it across the field behind his barn. I thanked God it didn’t hit his fancy barn!
1712921321845.jpeg

1712921365089.jpeg

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #85  
I bought the HF 10’x17’ and put it front of my dad’s garage so I could work on my car during the winter. It worked out great until the spring wind. Even though I had 2 rows of cinderblock around 3 sides and stapled the opening to the garage, the wind picked it up and carried it over the neighbors garage and tumbled it across the field behind his barn. I thanked God it didn’t hit his fancy barn!
View attachment 861986
View attachment 861987
Those HF one's DO work well, as temporary spray booths, don't they?

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #86  
Those HF one's DO work well, as temporary spray booths, don't they?
Yes they do. When it’s all done, you can easily see all the overspray captured, by the cool looking rectangle left on the concrete. 😲

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #87  
They are not right for everyone. Those double shipping containers with a roof between them can be made to look very nice if someone wants that. They are very durable from what I've seen.
She Who Must Be Obeyed says NO!