Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"
How do people clear the snow from these sheds? The Shelter Logic I just put up has a 12 foot center height, so the walls are almost 10 feet and I can't reach the roof easily.
With a pole of some sort. Something non-sharp on the end. I was using a rake yesterday for mine.

Just gotta poke upwards in the middle of each unsupported cover section. A few quick prods generally convinces the snow to bounce down and over the side cross bars.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #72  
With a pole of some sort. Something non-sharp on the end. I was using a rake yesterday for mine.

Just gotta poke upwards in the middle of each unsupported cover section. A few quick prods generally convinces the snow to bounce down and over the side cross bars.

We have been using the backside of a push broom to cause the snow to slide off.

Oh I should have clarified: you push up from INSIDE the shed. Basically you just flap the cover up a few times in each section, and it’ll be mostly clear. It does feel a bit sketchy if there’s a foot of wet snow above your head, though.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #74  
At first I used a plastic leaf rake to remove the snow. Then I used a plastic snow rake to pull the snow off. Like deezler, sometimes I would push the tarp up from underneath.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #75  
Oh I should have clarified: you push up from INSIDE the shed. Basically you just flap the cover up a few times in each section, and it’ll be mostly clear. It does feel a bit sketchy if there’s a foot of wet snow above your head, though.
Tried that today & ripped the tarp....

Spare in the barn, replace in the spring.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #76  
I use a common broom from underneath, using a sweeping motion toward the edge.

Bruce

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #77  
Cleared today with a push broom from inside. Worked pretty well. Ready for the freezing rain now.

Tried that today & ripped the tarp....

Spare in the barn, replace in the spring.
Crap! Sorry. I made sure to say to use a “not-sharp” thing from inside because it’s true, it can definitely cause some localized stress to do this.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #79  
Crap! Sorry. I made sure to say to use a “not-sharp” thing from inside because it’s true, it can definitely cause some localized stress to do this.
Oh... It worked on the 10 x 10 & 11 of the 12 sections of the 10 x 20.
Ripped out the 1 section of a 3 year old tarp.
Cheap Harbor Freight tarp.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #80  
When my 2nd cover wore out I decided to upgrade to a metal roof.
I purchased the material from a local metal fabricator for less than a big box store. Total for all material was around $350. The blue tarp area is now a 20ftX8X7 attached covered area for lawn mower and other stuff.
With the wind here, that would not make through half a year