Mowing Radio Ear Protection

/ Radio Ear Protection #31  
Those guy's must be confused. Mine only cover my ears, I've never heard a tractor type hazard cetting close.:confused2:
Anybody have a set that get's in the AM signals well?

Funny, looking back at the first post he doesn't even mention a tractor. Could be using a 22" push mower.

I use

image-3577823623.jpg

They work fantastic.

/ Radio Ear Protection #32  
I have both peltor work tunes and a ryobi brand headset. Both muffle the same. Ryobi has the very nice microphone that allows you to hear voices but reduces the other noises. I don't use that feature much. I do listen to music a lot and disagree with those who say it has no place in the work environment.

Ryobi Tek4 Audio Plus Noise Suppression Headphones-RP4530 at The Home Depot
My one big complaint is the cords. But I just recently purchased on amazon a Bluetooth receiver and I Velcro it to the headset. Completely amazing. I use my phone as an iPod and having the system wireless really makes it a lot safer. I alway struggled with the wire catching on stuff

Amazon.com : Britelink Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (3.5 mm) for Home and Auto Stereo Systems : Electronics

/ Radio Ear Protection #33  
Funny, looking back at the first post he doesn't even mention a tractor. Could be using a 22" push mower.

I use

View attachment 328162

They work fantastic.

I have the same kind and also the Stihl version. The Stihl ones suck as someone else stated but the Peltor one has been working fine for a couple of years.

/ Radio Ear Protection #34  
I have the same kind and also the Stihl version. The Stihl ones suck as someone else stated but the Peltor one has been working fine for a couple of years.

That's what the guy at my Stihl dealer told me. He now carries these and hasn't had any complaints

I find these to be clear, good noise reduction and I use them off the time. String trimmer, edger, blower, with my wood splitter aerator etc etc..... Honestly the only time the radio isn't on and is when I am felling trees. I like to hear that wood crackle so I know to get the heck out of dodge as she comes crashing down

/ Radio Ear Protection #35  
I have the John Deere Noise Canceling headphones, which I LOVE!! - and when im using them I can hear everything that is going on with the engine and implement just fine - even playing music at the same time.

For the people that say to NOT use the radio/MP3 headphones because you cant hear whats going on - Have you actually tried the JD or 3m Worktunes headphones?

I know my shooting muffs dampen out much more noise and I may not be able to hear the engine/implement..

/ Radio Ear Protection #36  
I'm another with the Bose noise cancelling headphones. We had some points through Bayer, so I used them to pick up this $300 set of headphones. They work great for mowing. They completely block out all mower noise. I can use my ipod and have it set at a very low volume with these and still hear the music just fine. I just wish they were wireless. I got off the mower one time and ripped the cord out of them when I first got them. Luckily it had a second cord, minus the ipod controls that I have been using since. I'm on my 3rd year with them.

/ Radio Ear Protection #37  
I have been using/repairing the Worktunes Digital muffs for years. The flat cables going between the muffs go bad. The Bilsom Hi-Viz are not digital, but have better stereo separation... and I use these for NASCAR and other sports where I am searching for stations all day. They also have a better cable going between the muffs. I just bought a set of Stanley Sync Digital muffs on Ebay, and they do not sell them anywhere else that I can find. They have the same long battery life as both the Worktunes and the Bilsom's. They seem to have the better cables of the Bilsom... and the pair I got seems to have a great radio front end like the Bilsoms.... but we will see. If so, I will stop buying the Worktunes ... I wear the crip out of these muff type radios... but the taking on and off all day does the most damage to them.

/ Radio Ear Protection #38  
Try the new Kubota Blue Tooth ear phones # 77700-04758
The are great for $114.95

/ Radio Ear Protection #39  
I've lost hearing and try my beset to protect what I have left. I wear ear plugs in my cab to keep unwanted noise down. I turn the radio up and listen to PBR and my two indian variety radio stations.

Course, others may not appreciate my beatnic music choices.