Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed.
It would move along really well is you equipped it with an air cushion, as long as the gaps between the deck boards weren't too big. That would be a woodshed to show on YouTube!

Not sure what you mean by air cushion.

I built 2 of these baskets...one with casters to roll from the front door of my shop back to the stove, the other (pictured) without that I set just inside our greenhouse next to the stove. The shop version, used 5" metal castors, and it rolls fine on a concrete floor. Size on these are 4x4x32" deep....1/3 cord.

On a wood deck, I'd use 8" rubber tires (maybe get the solid foam filled ones), and probably build a metal base to set your wood basket on...it would be stronger, and allow you to build multiple wood
baskets.

ry%3D400

Was thinking of the casters because steering would be built in and would not have to create steering mechanism. Your size is pretty close to mine. Probable would be good to add a few more casters to distribute the weight better.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #13  
The thread brought back memories.

Wheels on a woodshed. Not great for off road!

DSC02944.JPGDSC02945.JPG

That poor little S-10 Axle!

Be careful that the wheels are rated for the weight, and then some extra. They would be easier to push that spindly wheels.

I made a rack 6' wide and 4' high and 24" deep. I put one row of 18" stacked nicely wood on it and it is plenty heavy to push around, and I am 6'2 and slightly obese. It is fairly easy with me and my wife pushing once it gets rolling but getting it rolling is the hardest part. I lift it 4' to the porch and transport it with a JD 3720 which is a 45HP medium CUT. I just have to be careful so I don't dump it out accidentally.

I would be a little happier if it was 5' high because as it doesn't have a roof on it, I overload it and then worry about wood falling over the top onto the tractor hood.

Yours is about the same volume as mine. What wheels do you have on it? Our tractors are similar, mine is a 50 hp Kioti. No issue on left capacity.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #16  
No, fortunately not. My friend who built it, delivered and unloaded it as fast as you could get a pizza dropped off.

DSC02718.JPG

The old woodshed didn't do as well. I would have liked to keep it. Guess it should have had wheels too!

No, fortunately not. My friend who built it, delivered and unloaded it as fast as you could get a pizza dropped off.

View attachment 502920

The old woodshed didn't do as well. I would have liked to keep it. Guess it should have had wheels too!

Wheels and less rot may have helped. :laughing:

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #18  
This is what I use to move wood closer to my stove, I just cover them with a tarp to keep the wood dry. These wheels from Harbor Freight should work with a 2x frame and they have both rotating and fixed so you could customize the amount of movement you want when rolling on the deck.

20150322_160601_resized.jpg image_23828 (2).jpg

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #19  
We have out Princess Auto equiv of HF. Not one of those chinese air filled tires I have ever owned has held air for any length of time. MOST annoying. Then when they deflate, they crack and that's it.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #20  
Here is the sort of thing I had in mind when I said "air cushion". Heavy Equipment Movers | Air Casters | Moving Equipment | Airsled Basically, the load floats on a thin cushion of air which pretty much eliminates friction...then you just have to deal with inertia/momentum. An air cushion vehicle (car or boat) works the same way by blowing air into a skirt around the periphery of the vehicle; the escaping air suspends the vehicle just above the surface so there is no contact friction.
Admitedly, this may not be practical for a woodshed on a wooden(?) deck.