Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #21  
Be careful that the wheels are rated for the weight, and then some extra. They would be easier to push that spindly wheels.

I made a rack 6' wide and 4' high and 24" deep. I put one row of 18" stacked nicely wood on it and it is plenty heavy to push around, and I am 6'2 and slightly obese. It is fairly easy with me and my wife pushing once it gets rolling but getting it rolling is the hardest part. I lift it 4' to the porch and transport it with a JD 3720 which is a 45HP medium CUT. I just have to be careful so I don't dump it out accidentally.

I would be a little happier if it was 5' high because as it doesn't have a roof on it, I overload it and then worry about wood falling over the top onto the tractor hood.

Yours is about the same volume as mine. What wheels do you have on it? Our tractors are similar, mine is a 50 hp Kioti. No issue on left capacity.

They are 5" 330# capacity very hard wheels. The wheel assemblies are steel but the tire itself is a semi hard poly something. Even with those wheels it is fairly hart to get rolling, but when momentum starts it pushes decently. I would stay away from rubber wheels or tires that squish at all because it takes a lot more effort to get it started from a dead stop.

Even though my cart is 2' deep I only stack 16-18" wood in it and is still plenty hard to push but with a little grunting I can get it rolling myself. Being a little taller like 4-5' allows me to put by back into it to get it rolling.

I have to be very careful with the joystick when setting it up on the porch so I don't dump it out from either sliding off the forks or the stack of wood tipping out. I need to lift it over a row of evergreens that are taller than the floor of the porch.

When I need another load I remove a section of removable railing, push the empty over 15' approx. to it, stick it with the forks and go get another load. I secure it to the mast whenever I am moving in case the forks make a sudden move.

The box is framed with 1-1/2 x 1/8" angle iron and OSB.

I wouldn't want it much heavier when loaded and wouldn't use smaller wheels. Larger wheels would be okay, like 6" possibly.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #22  
The easiest way I have seen is to palletize the wood and move with forks and a tractor. It's easy, gets seat time and an attaboy from the wife for ingenuity. You can also stack on a big or double pallet by itself and shrink wrap with that stretchy stuff on a roll. Worked when we lived in big snow country.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed.
Here is the sort of thing I had in mind when I said "air cushion". Heavy Equipment Movers | Air Casters | Moving Equipment | Airsled Basically, the load floats on a thin cushion of air which pretty much eliminates friction...then you just have to deal with inertia/momentum. An air cushion vehicle (car or boat) works the same way by blowing air into a skirt around the periphery of the vehicle; the escaping air suspends the vehicle just above the surface so there is no contact friction.
Admitedly, this may not be practical for a woodshed on a wooden(?) deck.

Looks like it would work great, but trying to keep things simple and not costly.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #24  
Make sure your deck can take the weight along the whole path that you intend to roll it over.
800# concentrated load seems a lot for some of the decks that I've seen.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #25  
We have out Princess Auto equiv of HF. Not one of those chinese air filled tires I have ever owned has held air for any length of time. MOST annoying. Then when they deflate, they crack and that's it.

LOL, so you also discovered porous 'chicom' tires.
I had tubeless ones, added tubes and that did no better, they must inject air holes in their rubber.

I used 'air in a can' that contained some sort of leak compound and that fixed my problem.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #26  
Consider using solid bicycle type tires similar to these... they roll a lot easier than casters and won't damage your deck. I have them on our two-wheel yard cart and can pick up 50 pieces of firewood with one hand when its balanced out right. That's about 3' x 3' x 2' in size, very similar to your specs. If my cart had taller sides, I could put more wood into it no problem.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200660580_200660580

Our cart is similar to this...

two-wheel-garden-cart.jpg

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #27  
Moss, you're forgetting the tractor...

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #28  
I'm not forgetting the tractor. All he needs to do is build a wooden box that he can lift with his forks, and put bike-type tires on it. He can use the tractor to take it out to the wood pile, load it up, bring it back, set it up on his deck, then roll it across the deck to the place he wants.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed.
I'm not forgetting the tractor. All he needs to do is build a wooden box that he can lift with his forks, and put bike-type tires on it. He can use the tractor to take it out to the wood pile, load it up, bring it back, set it up on his deck, then roll it across the deck to the place he wants.

Definitely looks like these wheels would make it easier to move. Would probably need to use in combination with casters for easy steering and would need to be attached to the back of the box as opposed to the bottom to compensate for height of wheels and keep out of the way in the front when parked. This would probably make it more difficult to steer when pushing from back and prevent pushing from the side.

/ Realistic Size for Wheeled Wood Shed. #30  
I have a couple of those plastic solid bicycle wheels that came off a discarded walk behind trimmer.