Really, really dumb question about difference between off road and on road diesel fuel.

/ Really, really dumb question about difference between off road and on road diesel fuel. #161  
I use red fuel in my tractors not to avoid the tax, but because I can get it delivered. I don't use enough to be able to get off road diesel delivered. The few tax dollars I save are insignificant.

/ Really, really dumb question about difference between off road and on road diesel fuel. #162  
Scotty, you need to run for President. You have a great way of distilling things.

/ Really, really dumb question about difference between off road and on road diesel fuel. #163  
Scotty, you need to run for President. You have a great way of distilling things.
Well, thanks. Thanks for the compliment.

Actually, I can't claim any special ability. The main ingredient in distilling turns out to be time.
It just takes time to grow from an emotional young man into a deeper thinking older one.

Getting old seems like a luxury - even though it means means walking slower & even stumbling sometimes. The luxury is having time to realize that there are sides to every issue, and then having time to think each one though.

Lately I've been thinking that success is more about finding a balance than finding an answer.

rScotty

/ Really, really dumb question about difference between off road and on road diesel fuel. #164  
I use regular diesel because the off road trip to get it is a 40
mile round trip and I don't use enough diesel to warrant the trip!
Lately I use approx 5 gal every 3 or 4 weeks. Now if I had a 250
gallon tank at home it would be a different story because it would
would be delivered. I went one time and purchased 10 gallons of
diesel red and I saved $1.76 but I probably burned over 2 gallons
of fuel going threw town waiting at stop signs and starting out.

willy