Rear Ballast Weight DIY Build

/ Rear Ballast Weight DIY Build #51  
The loop on top is my favorite "extra" that I've seen. Even if I never use it, I like the idea that I can pick it up with my loader with a chain and move it anywhere I want without having to disconnect what's already on the back of my tractor.
You guys are talking about bigger tractors than I'm using.

It would be mighty easy to build a ballast block that my Ford wouldn't be able to safely move without added ballast. Thus, self defeating.

Still, the hook would be easy enough to add.

/ Rear Ballast Weight DIY Build #52  
The loop on top is my favorite "extra" that I've seen. Even if I never use it, I like the idea that I can pick it up with my loader with a chain and move it anywhere I want without having to disconnect what's already on the back of my tractor.
Yea, Im thinking with a ton of weight....you aint moving it with the loader anyway. (of course you could have another implement on the back or use the Ford backhoe)

But any "ballast/counterweight" heavy enough to be sufficient on the rear, is gonna be too heavy to lift with the front WITHOUT that ballast on the rear.

/ Rear Ballast Weight DIY Build
I have a full sized backhoe that can easily pick up a ton. I think it's rated for something over 4,000 pounds. I'd have to look what my other two loaders are rated for. 4707 Massey Ferguson and 5065 John Deere.

If I move it, it would probably just be because I'm doing something in that area that I didn't plan on doing. Odds are very good that once I take it off for mowing season, it will stay there until I take off the batwing.

/ Rear Ballast Weight DIY Build #54  
On Yanmar sa424 I use this

Attachments

• A463BE44-75CE-4CEB-83B6-91B3BBB2B392_1_105_c.jpeg
    A463BE44-75CE-4CEB-83B6-91B3BBB2B392_1_105_c.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 223

It's like 300 kg. I mean, for that size of tractor that's enough. Operating FEL can't raise rear end of tractor
Big benefit is compact size of counterweight. Those are not pipes but solid bars :cool: