Rear pull snowblower

/ Rear pull snowblower #21  
Rob-D said:
I'm sure this will be a snowless winter I got tired of my walk behind blower on my 600 plus foot driveway and got a front blower!
Hey Rob, you sure predicted the snowless winter pretty well !! Are you missing the lake effect stuff too? Any pics of the new front mount ?

/ Rear pull snowblower #22  
I just want to take the opportunity to add two nice pictures coming from lp333. Since that kind of snowblower isn't seen very often and the thread came back up I thought it would be a good idea to add pictures of his setup. Enjoy ;)

Attachments

• BX23_Agrotrend-A.jpg
    BX23_Agrotrend-A.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 2,112
  • BX23_Agrotrend-B.jpg
    BX23_Agrotrend-B.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,457
   / Rear pull snowblower #23  
rbargeron said:
While we're on the subject of pull-ahead rear-mounts, Pronovost has a combo backward/forward design that is great to watch in action - there's a video at their website.
Pronovost- Videos
Their big stuff is pretty serious machinery.

Take care - and have fun. Dick B

Now that is cool! I bet you could make a few bucks with that in a hurry just doing all your neighbors.:cool:

/ Rear pull snowblower #24  
Hi Does anybody have a web addy for agrotrend.com tried a search it found it but when click it get redirected to 2 diff web domain name sellers so maybe they lost rights. Or an apx cost in the 48-60 versions of them?

Thanx Pat R

/ Rear pull snowblower #25  
I found this link Agrotrend.com and it works for me.

It says nothing about reverse snowblowers. Sorry

Also, probably the only piece of information on that web site is this (snowblower specifications):

snowblower_info.GIF

/ Rear pull snowblower #26  
Hi Stef:

Thanx your link works as now my search and click works must have been a hiccup in da world wide webby. will contact this spring as we hopefully are about out of snow. 6" inches ice snow last nite 250K customers in Iowa without power 2-3 day till restore for some Glad we didn't lose power and had wood furnace going and 2 genny sets in garage anyway (1 tri fuel) 1 just gas). was hard to pushpull with fel/5' rear blade and then mower deck came loose and really got me stuck. Guess will have to bite bullet and remove hard for me to get up/down and no trouble last year.

I was kinda hoping ip333 would chime in with an apx cost so I know how many $ to start saving away.

Thanx Pat R

/ Rear pull snowblower #27  
Stargazer said:
... I was kinda hoping ip333 would chime in with an apx cost so I know how many $ to start saving away...

Stef is doing such a great job showing off my rig that I did not think it helpful to step in.

I bought my AgroTrend C48PBH used. However, my local Kubota dealer tells me that this model sold new on special order for about 2,200$CAN in 2006. I am guessing that it might sell new for approximately 1800$US further South.

/ Rear pull snowblower #28  
rbargeron said:
Hey Rob, you sure predicted the snowless winter pretty well !! Are you missing the lake effect stuff too? Any pics of the new front mount ?

I really should take some pics. Maybe today if I get a chance. Well we sat here all Dec. and Jan. with an inch most. I've seen winters here like that. Feb. sure fooled us! Lots of below zero days and a couple of feet at a time here in the mountains.

I plowed out my 600 foot drive and a few neighbors. Today I'll plow out around the barn so the animals can get out and Dawn can get some hay in.

Just using the blower has taught me a lot about how to get the most out of the tractor. I remember all the years of the walk behind blower, no fun. This is fun!

/ Rear pull snowblower #29  
lp333 said:
Stef is doing such a great job showing off my rig that I did not think it helpful to step in.
I'm sorry lp333 I didn't want to get ahead of you. I have absolutely no experience whatsoever about owning or operating a reverse snowthrower... you're the man ;) . IMHO, the use of this kind of blower is rather limited for compact tractors (clearance). We see a lot of blowers like that on big tractors (80 pto HP and up).

I'm pretty sure you're setup is very pleasant to operate when the "winning conditions" are present ;) . BTW, with a setup like yours what's the ideal snowfall? My guess is around 6 to 8 inches but as I said I have no experience with that kind of blower.

/ Rear pull snowblower #30  
Hi Ip333 and Stef.

That at least gives me some idea as to cost only $2-300 more than backup kind, thinking of neck.

Ip333 have heard various warnings on chains on front 4wd tracs but don't have chains so don't know for sure something about on hard surface and turning in 4wd is bad for the front end YMMV.

Thanx again Pat R