Refueling

/ Refueling #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a Kubota 4330 HST with FEL on order. Should be delivered soon. I am used to fueling the old JD 950 with a 5 gallon plastic can, which works OK. However, when I borrowed my neighbor's Kubota 3130 last winter to do some snow removal, I found that hoisting that 5 gallon can of diesel up over the FEL was kind of a hassle. Also, I was worried about spilling diesel on his new tractor! Any ideas on a hassle free way to refuel. Or should I just start hitting the gym.... ;-) Thanks,
Randall Smith

/ Refueling #2  
I drive the tractor VERY CAREFULLY /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif up to the open tailgate of my pickup truck so I can step easily from the tractor to the tailgate of the truck, and refuel from the back of the truck.

/ Refueling #3  
Gas Caddy

Been mentioned here before. Hassle free? Seems to be. Cheap? No.

Grandad's suggestion sounds like a good idea. Had not heard that one before.

/ Refueling #4  
I use this 35gal. poly barrel and hand pump. Got the barrel for free and had the pump on hand. Works great and no spills on the paint! Just refilled it today with off-road fuel at $1.40 a gal. on road is about $1.79 a gal. here. (see attached photo)

Attachments

• 277678-fuel.jpg
    277678-fuel.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 666
   / Refueling #5  
I use a can with a extended hose. i added a piece of hose and clamp to extend the hose. i let it rest on the FEL mount and balance it until it gets lighter and then i lift it to finish.

i found a plug to fit the end and it is wired to the hose so i don't lose it.

/ Refueling #6  
Best thing I purchased next to the new tractor was a used 275 gal. tank with a used electric pump/filter/nossle combo for $225 delivered. I buy onroad fuel so I can fuel the Dodge and don't have to sit and wait at the station for the person that has to get his gas at the pump that is next to the only diesel pump. This also keeps my fuel fresh as I get fuel delivered every 2 to 3 monthes.

/ Refueling #7  
My "Hi-tech" solution is to put a towel on the hood and set the 5 gallon jug on the towel. With some practice, I have it down to where I can just tip the jug over with the hose bent and hit the hole every time. The only lifting is when I have to lift the jug to the hood. From there I let gravity work for me by just tipping the jug over.

Greg

/ Refueling #9  
I bought a $12.95 hand pump from TSC that fits 5 gallon diesel cans. Set the container on the floorboard of the tractor and pump through a 5 ft hose into the tractor. Reduced spills and easier on the back.

/ Refueling #10  
I have an L3710 and I just stand on the tire and platform and fill away with a 5 gallon can. Fortunately, I can benchpress about 350 lbs. so the can isn't too hard on my back /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If you can't hold the can for any length of time I'm sure the other TBN guys have recommendations for all kinds of hand and electric pumps. I'm sure that'll beat climbing around on your tractor and pouring from some weird angle.