Refueling

/ Refueling #61  
I am pretty sure the drum is fine but I do have a metal on that was filled with oil so I can always use that one instead. The pump I don't know about. I suppose I could use it and unscrew it after each use. I don't think that little exposure time would be a problem.

I will check.
Thanks

/ Refueling #62  
Anyone happen to know what kind of plastic those white water tanks they sell at the farm stores are made out of? If they are diesel safe seems like it would make a nice size tank (100-150 gallons). If the tank is big enough it should be no problem getting fuel delivered.

/ Refueling #63  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I do it legally in my lane with my SMV sign displayed )</font>

I used to road the tractor over to my other property less than a mile away.. but got so tired of the very rude people I was sharing the road with. I can't recall how many people went by honking... I think I even got a few creative hand signs...

I was using my lights and flashers, and my SMV was displayed on the oem bracket behind the seat on my NH 1920.

In 4th range, 3rd gear I was doing a good clip for a tractor.. I would guess 18mph or a bit less.

I wish people on the road knew more about road rules.. etc...

Soundguy

/ Refueling #64  
As I posted earlier, here is a photo of the 'Sure Spout' and strap wrench I use to easily tighten and unloosen the nozzle to the diesel container. This prevents leakage at the nozzle attachment to the Diesel container. The plastic spout has a ridge at its end which supports the weight of the gas can when full and inverted for fueling. This ridge rests on the rim of the tractor fuel tank. When inverted the plastic sleeve retracts (spring loaded) and allows fuel to come out of the tip of the diesel nozzle. You keep the vent cap on the fuel can closed and the flow from the fuel can will automatically stop when the tractor tank is full. This setup really works and prevents any spillage. It also is easy to hold a full gas can inverted without any muscle. I bought two of these spouts from Pipersville Garden Center in PA. website; www.pipersvilletractor.com The cost wasn't that much perhaps $12.00.

Attachments

• 294901-p222.jpg
    294901-p222.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 183
   / Refueling #65  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I used to road the tractor over to my other property less than a mile away.. but got so tired of the very rude people I was sharing the road with. I can't recall how many people went by honking... I think I even got a few creative hand signs...)</font>

Guess I'm lucky.. surrounded by farmers.. lots of tractors on the roads around here. Nobody thinks much of it.. or ever seems to get upset about it. There also isn't a lot of traffic usually, so people can get by pretty easy.

I use a lightbar on top of the ROPS. Kind of funny story.. I hooked up the lightbar, was using the flashers, front headlights, and both rear work lights, and drove around the orchard for a while one night. The next day a kid came up to me and told me his mother had seen a UFO in the orchard the other night. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Guess I have enough lights now! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif