Regen delete kit

/ Regen delete kit #91  
Hell, after driving big trucks for 35+ years (mostly big Cats turned up), my smeller is shot anyway. Our motto was, 'If there is no smoke, there is no fire and no fire equals no power' Both mine smoke as does my diesel pickup truck, excessively, no but they do black smoke when my throttle calls for power.

Like my wife says, diesel fuel is hillbilly perfume and diesel smoke is hillbilly incense. I'll leave it at that.

/ Regen delete kit #92  
Be thankful that you can tolerate operating your machine for hours without getting a sinus headache. I can’t operate a pre emissions machine very long without a chemical mask or getting sick.
I'm used to it. Been a trucker and equipment operator all my life. And 36 years of hauling asphalt in dump trucks and trailers where you have to spray the inside of the dump box with diesel before every load of asphalt. So I've always been covered in diesel.

You wouldn't like the new Cat equipment I run at the mine. It has been trouble free as far as the emissions equipment, but when they do go into regen......it smells like you are burning kerosene in the cab. I sometimes have to get out of the cab and let it do it's thing. They burn the eyeballs out of your head. It's far worse than any any tier 3 exhaust I've been around.

/ Regen delete kit #93  
I've said on other threads about the same subject and say again. I have a 2017 35 HP tractor, mechanical injected engine and no emissions (wasn't required at the time under 50HP). About the only smoke I get from that engine is a small puff during start up or if rev it all the way to max very fast but I have no reason do that either. After that, I get absolutely zero visible smoke or smell.

I've bogged it so hard pulling my trailer loaded with logs on a very steep hill by letting it bog on 2nd gear high range almost to a stall point and then down shift to 1st and got nothing out of that exhaust pipe.

I see people complaining about smell but honestly, these modern engines burn so d@mn clean already, even mechanically injected ones, that there isn't that smell from diesel engine like it once was with old engines or smoke for that matter.

Is it fuel quality? Maybe but can't really compare that though.

/ Regen delete kit #94  
Sure it's the ECU & not the wire to the injector? There's another thread on here about LS deletes that might help you out. Basically involves punching out the DPF core with rebar, but may require a code reset before you do that. AS I remember, someone also gave instructions on rewiring the throttle to eliminate the ECU from the equation. As far as code readers, anything that'll do heavy diesels should read & clear, but the adapter is the issue. You'd need a bidirectional if you want to issue commands (Regen), & Launch with their Diesel module would run about 2K (1/2 the price of the scanner LS uses in their service manual).
I need those instructions on rewiring the throttle if you can find it. Thanks

/ Regen delete kit #95  
Sure it's the ECU & not the wire to the injector? There's another thread on here about LS deletes that might help you out. Basically involves punching out the DPF core with rebar, but may require a code reset before you do that. AS I remember, someone also gave instructions on rewiring the throttle to eliminate the ECU from the equation. As far as code readers, anything that'll do heavy diesels should read & clear, but the adapter is the issue. You'd need a bidirectional if you want to issue commands (Regen), & Launch with their Diesel module would run about 2K (1/2 the price of the scanner LS uses in their service manual).
Would you be able to point me to the throttle rewiring post?

/ Regen delete kit #96  

Basically - find the throttle lever on injection pump, adjust stops for idle and max rpm, than make a cable to go from injection pump to hand throttle.

/ Regen delete kit #97  
My LS MT240HE goes into regen every 12 hours and that's keeping the throttle above 2200 rpm.
After reading about others with regen problems I suspect mine my be stretched out by going with a higher temperature thermostat.
Anyone know a higher temperature substitute?

When it does go into regen I have to park and run the throttle up to 2700 rpm and wait for the temperature indicator to come on then it starts it regen then and I can use the tractor while in regen.

/ Regen delete kit #98  
@garry1p welcome to the excessive regen club. Sucks you have to park it before it will actually go into regen.
Mine usually starts within 30 seconds of the first light coming on while I'm using it.

I started tracking my regens at 100 hours, I am on regen number 38.
485 hours on the tractor and averaging just under 10.2 hours between regens.
Sometimes it's 1-5 hours, other times it's 20+ hours, no rhyme or reason, all pretty much the same load and RPM.

/ Regen delete kit #99  
@garry1p welcome to the excessive regen club. Sucks you have to park it before it will actually go into regen.
Mine usually starts within 30 seconds of the first light coming on while I'm using it.

I started tracking my regens at 100 hours, I am on regen number 38.
485 hours on the tractor and averaging just under 10.2 hours between regens.
Sometimes it's 1-5 hours, other times it's 20+ hours, no rhyme or reason, all pretty much the same load and RPM.
My tractor didn’t have its first regen until about 75 hours.

/ Regen delete kit #100  
Neither of my tractors have EVER regened....lol My take on it is.. You buy a T4 final unit, deal with it and quit whining. I sure as heck didn't twist your arm to buy one.... Lots of used pre 4 tractors out there in tractor land today...