Related Sponsor Links

/ Related Sponsor Links #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Related Sponsor Links: (Based on this thread's topic) )</font>

That little feature at the bottom of the page is a very neat feature; don't know how you do it, but I like it.

/ Related Sponsor Links #2  
Me, too....especially if it helps pay the way.

/ Related Sponsor Links #3  
I agree! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It's not very intrusive, and if it brings in some $$$, keep it going! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I actually have used a couple of them already, too! So they do work! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Related Sponsor Links #4  
I'll say it's not intrusive. I didn't even know it was there. Oops, don't tell the sponsors that. I'll be looking at it now.

/ Related Sponsor Links #5  
Interesting: It takes you out of TBN instead of opening a second window. No big deal, just surprised. And then when you come back, the ads have changed.

/ Related Sponsor Links #6  
<font color="blue">It takes you out of TBN instead of opening a second window</font>

Supposedly, the new window feature is coming, but in the mean time you can hold down shift while clicking on a link to open it in a new window.

<font color="blue">And then when you come back, the ads have changed.</font>

The related links work like this: Every page is analyzed for keywords. Let's take Ford and F150 for example. If the page contains Ford and F150, certain ads are displayed depending on which companies are paying for that ad. There may be 20 companies all placing ads for Ford F150 clicks. So, since we can only display four per page, the next time you load that same page, the ads should rotate to the next four.

Yes, it does help pay the bills---the more clicks, the merrier. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Related Sponsor Links #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes, it does help pay the bills---the more clicks, the merrier. )</font>

Sooooo....... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If every registered user were to, say, click on the links, oh, I don't know......say 5 times each time they logged into TBN, then you guys would earn enough to, uh.........

BUY EVERY REGISTERED USER A TBN HAT!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Right, Muhammad? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Uh, Muhammad?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yoo Hoo! Muhammad?? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

O.K. I'm getting the message!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Related Sponsor Links #8  
If we could get 5 clicks a day from the 1,000 registered users who login every day, we would probably be able to give them all at least a TBN t-shirt! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Related Sponsor Links #9  
Done! I haven't even finished my cup of coffee yet.
Mark

/ Related Sponsor Links #10  
Well obviously if people click ads just to click them, there isn't much value to those clicks for the advertisers. So, I don't want to see that.

Since the ads are related to post content, I encourage people to look at them when viewing threads, and if something interests them, click and see what that link has to offer.

If through increased awareness of the ads, we see more revenue from those ads, then great---more money for servers, features, staff, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

This applies to all ads, not just the related links.