Removing stuck aluminum wheels on truck

/ Removing stuck aluminum wheels on truck #31  
Are any of you blokes using Alloys on the outside and steels on the inside ? Some trucks like the early F350's etc have tapered dowels on the rim at every second stud . When Alloys are fitted , they have problems because the holes in the Alloy rims are not countersunk to accept the dowells . I had a guy come to me because he'd been everywhere else and no one could work out why he was having such a hard time getting the nuts off . I saw the problem straight away and countersunk the inside holes on the Alloys to accept the dowels for him , he never had trouble again .

What was happening was that the Alloy rim holes where deforming where the dowels were absent as there was an air gap because the flange could not touch the inside wheel flange which caused pinching of the shank on the nuts so they would not undo without great effort .

WOW, that looks like an old, old, oldie rim.
I think MOST of this thread is about the bonding between the face of the rim and the flange at the end of the axle.
I think you're the first to raise an issue of tough to remove lug nuts.

/ Removing stuck aluminum wheels on truck #32  
I wasn't inferring that was the reason for the other guys problems , I was just getting a bit off topic as I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask that .