Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #11  
For general purpose use 42" is the way to go, better lifting and more manueverable.

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #12  
   / Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #13  
48" is a good compromise 60" make navigating difficult. I have 48" 5500 lb construction attachments forks. I would also like a set of 60" or 72" but this would only be about 5% of the time

Dave

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks
Thanks to everyone for the advise. Having read all of the above I've decided on the 42" Compact X-Treme Duty Shaft Mounted Pallet Forks from Construction Attachments. They are available from the dealership where I bought my tractor so it will be convenient and easy to make this happen. I certainly appreciate all of the thoughtful comments.

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #15  
We have the CA 42" compact forks in stock and ready to ship. Construction Attachments is just down the road a bit from us and Ted's brother is the owner. Those forks ship free to a business or supporting freight terminal within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC. I know you said your dealer has them but i thought I would let everyone else know. If you need anything else Mike, you are a little out of our free shipping zone but close enough to overlook!!
Here is our video featuring those forks. It's good info if you haven't already seen it.
Travis

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #16  
I have a set of 48" that I started using on my Kioti CK30 and now use on my Kioti DK45. I don't think the size of the forks matters very much, but they were too heavy for the CK30 to handle, it robbed too much of my lifting cap. They are perfect for my DK45, it handles them with ease.

I lift pallets full of firewood in special bags. Each bag is almost a face cord and weighs 1500+ lbs once dry. That weight is out a long way at the end of the loader. For that reason, I'm happy to have the forks extend right to end of the pallet. I think the longer forks also make it easier to see the tips of the forks which makes things a lot easier on uneven terain.

My advice, fairly heavy duty 48" forks. 60" will be clumsy and you won't lift much if it's that far from the loader anyway. Mine are Versatech.

Sorry, this is the only pic I have of them right now.
P1017777.JPG

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #17  
I have 48" standard duty forks for my JD420 loader. I looked at the 42's & the 48's and am glad I went with the 48's as I do use the extra length, especially when moving my dumpster. I also looked at the heavy duty forks, which were definitely a whole lot heavier, but it would rob from the amount I could lift so I saw no need for that.

I have owned my forks for 2 or 3 years now and all I can say is Dang, I wish I would have bought those at the same time I bought my tractor 10+ years ago. I think I use the forks more than the bucket. They sure do come in handy. I have a couple of big oversized 4 x 8 pallets I made out of scrap 2x6's & I can pile stuff on that and move it from the house to barn, barn to house etc. I am really amazed at how much I use the things. I would add this as a definite must have to any FEL.

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks
My local dealer did not have the Construction Attachments compact forks in stock. I just placed my order with Travis at Everything Attachments for the forks shown in the video above. Travis is easy to deal with and made the ordering process about as simple as it gets. Thanks again for all the advice provided. It sure helped me make the right choice for my application.

Last edited:
   / Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #19  
Thanks to everyone for the advise. Having read all of the above I've decided on the 42" Compact X-Treme Duty Shaft Mounted Pallet Forks from Construction Attachments. They are available from the dealership where I bought my tractor so it will be convenient and easy to make this happen. I certainly appreciate all of the thoughtful comments.

I think you are going to like your 42's. I have a pair of them also. Sometimes I wish they were shorter or longer but 42's are a nice fit for my 2720.

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #20  
42" on my 35hp tractor is about perfect.