Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #21  
My local dealer did not have the Construction Attachments compact forks in stock. I just placed my order with Travis at Everything Attachments for the forks shown in the video above. Travis is easy to deal with and made the ordering process about as simple as it gets. Thanks again for all the advice provided. It sure helped me make the right choice for my application.

Well, I'm not sure that's the right choice for that tractor. Ted says they're rated at 1800lbs in the video. Tractordata.com says your tractor has a max lift of 2400lbs and a breakout of 3900lbs. I'd ask Travis what the next size up is, the weight of the forks is not nearly as important on your tractor as it would be on a SCUT.

I bought a brand new set of 42" forks from the Ritchie Bros auction in Toronto. My BIL lives in Toronto and runs a large landscape and garden centre business. Since I live 500KM away, I had him pick them up for me. By the time I was able to pick them up from him (he left them at the garden centre), one of his guys put them on a skid steer and it ripped the forks right off the frame. They were rated at 2000lbs and the skid steer much more than that, but it shows that you don't want more tractor and forks.

Mine are rated at 3700lbs and my tractor has a max lift of 2700lbs. I can get just over 4000lbs breakout force, but I don't think that really counts for much. They are well matched to my tractor and would be for yours to.

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #22  
I'd appreciate some help in determining what size pallet forks to buy for general small hobby farm use. I want to buy a set of quick attach pallet forks for use on a Mahindra 4035 HST tractor. I occasionally receive products on "standard" pallets. I've been having the pallets placed in the pasture and removing the products by hand. Additionally I'd like to use forks to move lightweight brush piles to the burn site, carry fence posts, move bundles of shingles, move the occasional round bale, etc. At first blush after looking at the palletforks.com website and not knowing any better I'd think that the 42" forks would be fine but the price difference to upgrade to 48" or even the 60" forks is within my budget if there is a significant advantage to having longer forks. Pros or Cons? Thanks.

I bought mine from Skid Steer Express. I already had the 2 forks, but needed a bale spear after I bought my tractor and I also wanted a set of pallet forks. My kubota dealer priced me a bale spear for around $700 and pallet for around $800. I bought mine as combo for $395 with the bale spear and no forks but with the pallet fork frame on it. I would be careful moving round bales with pallet forks. First, you'll wind up digging in the ground if you not careful and if you raise the bale up to far and accidently curl the FEL up you could possibly put the bale on top of you. I like the combination cuz it saved me some money and it only takes a few minutes to switch from bale spear to pallet forks. You can normally find used pallet forks on CL or from a local forklift company.

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #23  
...I've decided on the 42" Compact X-Treme Duty Shaft Mounted Pallet Forks from Construction Attachments.....

Those are the same ones I have on my 40 hp New Holland, which is similar to your tractor, and they'll lift anything that tractor will lift. They are well-made, and I'm happy with mine. Remember to have some weight in the rear if you're going to lift heavy loads, just like using an FEL. If I had to play devils advocate, the worse thing I can say about them is that sometimes the fork tines are a bit difficult to move to different positions. Tilt it down a bit to help with that.

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #24  
Those are the same ones I have on my 40 hp New Holland, which is similar to your tractor, and they'll lift anything that tractor will lift. They are well-made, and I'm happy with mine. Remember to have some weight in the rear if you're going to lift heavy loads, just like using an FEL. If I had to play devils advocate, the worse thing I can say about them is that sometimes the fork tines are a bit difficult to move to different positions. Tilt it down a bit to help with that.

Let me give you a free tip on moving the forks easily. stand to the left side of a fork. take you left hand and place it at the top of the vertical portion of the fork to slide it side to side. Take your right hand and reach back as far as you can towards the tip of the horizontal portion of the fork. and place your hand under the fork and lift upwards. Now your left hand should be able to slide the fork very easily either direction.. Give it a try and tell me what you think.

James K0UA

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #26  
I don't have a quick attach, just home made forks I attach to the bucket. The longer they are the easier it is to see them, and slide them into a pallet. Maybe sit in the seat with some bits of wood at 42" to 60" distance out front. I'd go for the shortest you can comfortably see.

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks
I received the pallet forks. They arrived quickly and in good shape. I am very pleased with Everything Attachments' customer service. I'll do business with them again.

It took me a while to get around to making this post but I thought I'd share a good experience.

The Construction Attachments brand pallet forks I ordered from Everything Attachments would not fit my Mahindra 4035.

I called Travis at Everything Attachments and he assured me that he would make it right.

Since I am new to the quick-attach world and reckoned that I may be doing something wrong I took the forks to the dealership that sold me the tractor to have them take a look. The service manager, Chris, quickly determined that the bevel on the forks was welded backwards. I was ready to contact Everything Attachments to remedy the issue but Chris offered to handle it with the manufacturer, Construction Attachments.

The manufacturer authorized my dealer to make necessary repairs at no cost to me. Chris at Tulsa New Holland made the repairs and had the forks back to me within 24 hours.

Kudos to Chris at Tulsa New Holland for handling this for me even though I did not buy the forks from him. He is a class act.

Travis at Everything Attachments never left me with the impression that he would leave me hanging. I'll do business with EA again.

Finally, Construction Attachments stood behind their product and quickly authorized one of their dealers to repair it at no cost to me.

/ Request Advise In Selecting Pallet Forks #29  
It took me a while to get around to making this post but I thought I'd share a good experience.

The Construction Attachments brand pallet forks I ordered from Everything Attachments would not fit my Mahindra 4035.

I called Travis at Everything Attachments and he assured me that he would make it right.

Since I am new to the quick-attach world and reckoned that I may be doing something wrong I took the forks to the dealership that sold me the tractor to have them take a look. The service manager, Chris, quickly determined that the bevel on the forks was welded backwards. I was ready to contact Everything Attachments to remedy the issue but Chris offered to handle it with the manufacturer, Construction Attachments.

The manufacturer authorized my dealer to make necessary repairs at no cost to me. Chris at Tulsa New Holland made the repairs and had the forks back to me within 24 hours.

Kudos to Chris at Tulsa New Holland for handling this for me even though I did not buy the forks from him. He is a class act.

Travis at Everything Attachments never left me with the impression that he would leave me hanging. I'll do business with EA again.

Finally, Construction Attachments stood behind their product and quickly authorized one of their dealers to repair it at no cost to me.

Glad that turned out well for you, and speaks well of all involved... Now, just how hung over on Monday morning was the guy that did the welding at the factory?:D

I assume that it was done at the factory as they were brand new forks. Once my dealer showed me what I was looking at it was very clear that the steel pieces that form the lower pocket were welded on backwards and there was no way that the vertical attachment pins would ever seat. That said, I have no beef with Construction Attachments. Stuff happens. The important thing is that they immediately made it right with exactly zero run around. I would not hesitate to buy their products in the future.