Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #21  
Yes - poop vs apple butter. At least, you & I know to sniff it, before tasting it.

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #22  
not trying to steer this pulled leg thread anywhere...But if you think the " buy a piece of equipment then learn how to run it" bunch are bad...just wait for the accident reports following this holiday weekend posted from anywhere there are boats...
...boat ramps can be especially entertaining on most summer holiday weekends...!

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #23  
In 1985, I purchased our third ATV, which ended up being a Suzuki 50CC 4-wheeler,,

I was buying it for my 23 month old daughter,, I wanted the machine delivered with it never having had gas in it.
I was going to store the ATV until she was a little older,,

The dealer showed me the purchase agreement, the ATV was required to be delivered in operating condition, with gas and oil installed,,
AND, the purchaser was REQUIRED to drive the ATV before the ATV could leave the dealer,,

I had to drive it,, and I am 6'7",, that ATV looked like a knee scooter in relation to me.

Well, I put my right knee on the seat, and drove the ATV about 12 feet,,, then I picked it up and set it on my truck,

Rather than storing it, my 23 month old daughter was driving the ATV when we got home,,,

8DcruhA.jpg

(I was walking behind, holding a rope, stopping her before a crash occurred,,, :laughing: )

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #24  
Always the Jokester..Must be a New York thing.Like ha,ha,funny..

Yes, IMHO us Yorkers have a pretty good b.s. detector.
...too bad the rest of the country doesn’t (didn’t).

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #25  
In 1985, I purchased our third ATV, which ended up being a Suzuki 50CC 4-wheeler,,

I was buying it for my 23 month old daughter,, I wanted the machine delivered with it never having had gas in it.
I was going to store the ATV until she was a little older,,

The dealer showed me the purchase agreement, the ATV was required to be delivered in operating condition, with gas and oil installed,,
AND, the purchaser was REQUIRED to drive the ATV before the ATV could leave the dealer,,

I had to drive it,, and I am 6'7",, that ATV looked like a knee scooter in relation to me.

Well, I put my right knee on the seat, and drove the ATV about 12 feet,,, then I picked it up and set it on my truck,

Rather than storing it, my 23 month old daughter was driving the ATV when we got home,,,

8DcruhA.jpg

(I was walking behind, holding a rope, stopping her before a crash occurred,,, :laughing: )

:thumbsup: Glad you got it home to your young lady . . . I know where your coming from . . . although not being 6'7" (6'1") here, I can just imagine . . . :laughing: like a monkey f@cking a football.

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #27  
+1 on that. Not only drive but maintain. I know of many, many people (dipsticks) who don't even know what a dipstick is, never check their tires for air pressure and when it breaks, whine like little babies. Maintenance to them is Jiffy Lube.

Like one of my renters. 27 years old, pretty and dumb as a stump about cars. She asked me why the low tire pressure light was on and how to 'fix' it. Told her to put air in the tires. She said, what is air? I replied the space between your ears. Bought her a tire gauge and showed her how to use it. Said to me 'my windshield washers don't work'. Looked under the hood, bottle stone dry. Told her to buy a jug and refill it....duh.

Lot of tractor owners out there just as dumb, especially in the small tractor arena. At least with the bigger ones (like I have), mostly owned by people who actually know what a dipstick is...for the most part

read this forum every day but rarely comment. I get a charge out of some of the posts. Guess people really don't know poop from applebutter today.

Of course they can look on the net and get all the answers they need. Problem with that is a good percentage of the 'answers' are from people that don't know poop from applebutter either. In other words, the blind leading the blind.

Apple butter is ALWAYS very readily spreadable!
Poop is not ALWAYS readily spreadable.
Sometimes poop is much harder to spread than apple butter.
See......there.....I do know the difference.

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #28  
Yes, IMHO us Yorkers have a pretty good b.s. detector.
...too bad the rest of the country doesn稚 (didn稚).

Ya,heard FREDO from New York has that BS thing.

Last edited:
   / Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #29  
not trying to steer this pulled leg thread anywhere...But if you think the " buy a piece of equipment then learn how to run it" bunch are bad...just wait for the accident reports following this holiday weekend posted from anywhere there are boats...
...boat ramps can be especially entertaining on most summer holiday weekends...!

You are correct, watching people at the bigger public boat access when it is busy is fun, have done it for years being in the boat business and what is even better is the steeper the boat launch is the better it gets and then you have the launches that allow 2-3 boats on the same ramp at the same time. Same when folks put their boats in at beginning of summer.

If the O.P can find out if the two guys are really trying to prank him he should find a way to turn the prank around on them, now that would be Funny.

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor
You are correct, watching people at the bigger public boat access when it is busy is fun, have done it for years being in the boat business and what is even better is the steeper the boat launch is the better it gets and then you have the launches that allow 2-3 boats on the same ramp at the same time. Same when folks put their boats in at beginning of summer.

If the O.P can find out if the two guys are really trying to prank him he should find a way to turn the prank around on them, now that would be Funny.

Waiting for my co-worker to come in this morning to find out the details because he was supposed to stop by there after work. I'm sure if it was a joke, his son-in-law will get his due payback.