Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor
It was partially a joke. There was no driving test, they were pulling his leg on that part. They did just want to go over the machine with him before they delivered to make sure he knew all the features and such. The alleged driving test was compliments of his son-in-law.

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #32  
It was partially a joke. There was no driving test, they were pulling his leg on that part. They did just want to go over the machine with him before they delivered to make sure he knew all the features and such. The alleged driving test was compliments of his son-in-law.

About what we all figured. Even more fun would be a FEL timed efficiency test. Start with a single screw dump truck load of gravel in a pile, and have him move it into another pile say 40 foot away and time how long it takes. A FEL newby might have a hard time with that. It does take a while to develop the skill necessary to be a good operator. I know on my first tractor, it took some time before I could scoop and scoot and move material. I even stationed the wife out by the bucket to watch and tell me if I had really scooped up much. Yeah, I was that green once. Embarrassing to think about, but it was what it was! :ashamed:

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #33  
Talking to him more after lunch, apparently his son-in-law and the lead mechanic are best friends, so he is wondering if those two are up to something? This isn't the first tractor he has purchased over the years, so he is thinking that those two are up to something.

Once delivered, the owner really needs to hide tractor from the son-in law and wait for him to ask about it. "Naw, that deal fell through, I didn't get it. I failed the operator test."
...or some other more creative flip-a-roo.
I'm sure TBN can think of something...

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #34  
Once delivered, the owner really needs to hide tractor from the son-in law and wait for him to ask about it. "Naw, that deal fell through, I didn't get it. I failed the operator test."
...or some other more creative flip-a-roo.
I'm sure TBN can think of something...

Call and tell the SIL that the 5 foot bowel tube is missing along with the chromed reverse muffler bearing. Or part number 710 is missing ( part #710 is the OIL cap for those who don't know )

/ Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #35  
   / Required John Deere Operator Test before allowed to get a new tractor #36  
OP talking to the son-in-law. "No, I did not get the tractor". "I could afford the tractor but your lead mechanic friend wanted $500 for me to take the test."

I want to see the look on the S-I-L's face after the OP makes that statement.