Rifle rack for tractor

/ Rifle rack for tractor #21  
An important thing to remember here is that Fish and Game Laws are State laws, not Federal laws. As such, the information we are offering is based on the laws in our own state.

My father was a Fish and Game officer in Idaho for 35+ years. In Idaho, you may carry a firearm on your own property, loaded or unloaded. You may fire from a vehicle on your own property at game that is on your own property. You may not shoot game or varmits on your own property without the proper hunting license, tags or paperwork from the Fish and Game department. You may not take game out of season on your own property without the proper paperwork (removing pesky deer or coyotes). Your bullet may not travel across another person's property without their permission. Your bullet may not cross a city or state maintained road way for any reason. You may not shoot from a vehicle on city or state property without the proper documents (usually people confined to wheelchairs or unable to walk) You may not take big game with a .22 for any reason.

Again, this is strictly Idaho. I have no idea what your state laws are.

The best advise would be to call your local Fish and Game office and explain that you have a wild dogs problem and that you would like to take a deer on your own property during hunting season and ask what you need to do to stay within the law.

/ Rifle rack for tractor #22  
I wonder if having a loaded weapon mounted to a vehicle would be covered by a permit? Mine says it is a permit to carry a "concealed weapon on my person" (Pennsylvania). I wonder if they couldn't say that you weren't really CARRYING it if it was mounted to a tractor, truck, in the glove box, whatever. I never really thought about that. I dont ever have one in the tube, but the clip is stocked to the gills and I unholster it when I get in the truck and keep it in the glove box. It kinda digs in to the old love handles when I'm driving. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Any cops, judges, ambulance chasers on here that can say for their state? Is carrying a loaded (clear tube) gun ok in or on a tractor or truck if you have a concealment permit and it's not strapped to you?

/ Rifle rack for tractor #23  
I can't speak for your state.. but my CCL from fl says 'on or about', and goes on in detail in the applicable state statuate to describe a weapon or firearm that is carried on your person, or is easily accessible to you. This was discussed during some firearm training to include areas you could 'reach' for easilly.. like under your seat in a car... center console, glove box... etc.

However.. seems that a secure container ( eg.. a secured holster with a closure) tends to make a concealed weapon nearly legal for a NON ccl holder as well..

In any case... I feel pretty comfortable carrying a weapon -anywhere- / -anytime- on my property, and as for public places.. i carry mine everywhere that is not listed as a prohibited place.. like schools/LEO buildings.. post offices.. etc..

That would include carring a handgun on my tractor when i drive down the road to go mow my pasture.. It's not a rfle rack.. but It is conceales and encased onthe tractor.. etc.

Soundguy

/ Rifle rack for tractor #24  
Soundguy is right on, I've got handguns mounted on all four of our tractors and as long as I am not running them in the National Forest when hunting season is closed, there is no problem.

/ Rifle rack for tractor #25  
It'd be interesting to know how the CCL would stand up against the game laws which , here in IL, is where the "unloaded and cased " comes into play.

We don't have CC mainly thanks to Chicago's Mayor Daley.

/ Rifle rack for tractor #26  
I guess it would come down to circumstance. If a game officer found you with a belt holster and exposed 'on the hip' gun of large calibre, with a scope, and you were wearing camo, and had a game drag rig on your back...etc, it may be a good argument that you were hunting. Now if that same game officer found you with 'hiking' gear.. eg a canteen, tent, backpack, and a walking stick, and you had a concealed gun in a suitable concealed holster.. etc.. it may make a better argument for you...

Soundguy

/ Rifle rack for tractor #27  
There very recently was a double murder of two University of Florida Students in the Ocala National Forest, both students were 22 years old, a male and a female and the male was an ex-U.S. Marine.

They were both murdered by some idiot with an AK-47 who, when apprehended, gave his motive as, "I just wanted to know what it was like to murder a couple of people."

Had either one of the UF students been armed, they could have killed their attacker as each was shot >10 times to finally kill them since the perp was such a poor shooter.....

I would not think twice about protecting myself or my loved ones from an animal like that....

/ Rifle rack for tractor #28  
Actually, as a result of these despicable murders, there is now a bill in the Florida Senate to allow firearms for self defense in our National Forests:

Taken from Ocala Star Banner:

"A 19-year-old from Largo, Leo Boatman, was arrested for the murders. He was described as a man who wanted to be a serial killer and allegedly went to the forest specifically to kill."

:Baxley said Boatman went to the forest "because he knew there was a prohibition against them having any kind of self-protections."

"The bill was amended last week to require that weapons in state and national parks must be kept in vehicles. So far, there has been little opposition to the bill."

/ Rifle rack for tractor
That 19 YO guy who wanted to be a killer makes me think of new uses for that chipper shredder....like feet first...at the slowest setting.

/ Rifle rack for tractor #30  
Just another example of media bias. I watch the evening news every night, read yahoo news and the drudge report every day. I never heard of these murders in Florida. Something of this level should have made the national news!!!

When I lived in California, most murders never made the news either. Oakland CA is one of the top murder cities in the country. They are so common that the speed of them and beating last years record is more important than the fact people are dying. There was three murders at the same street corner in about a week. It only made the news when the third one happened and the record was way ahead of last years for the same time frame.

Here in Tyler, everything makes the news short of speeding tickets!!!!

Sorry for getting sidetracked.

Eddie