Rifle rack for tractor

/ Rifle rack for tractor #41  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We have given up, and are daily giving up more, of our freedoms every day in the never-ending, futile search for "security."
)</font>

I'm not sure who to attribute the following quote to.. but i think it may have been Ben Franklin.

" Thos that trade freedom for security will soon have neither".

Soundguy

/ Rifle rack for tractor #42  
Yes, it was good ole Ben. Same guy who stated (I think), "Gentlemen, if we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately."
Didn't one of those guys also say something to the effect: Incrementalism has taken away more freedoms than any tyrant?

/ Rifle rack for tractor #43  
Boy did this get side tracked. I was working on this weekend and almost missed a hog because I had to go to the house and get an old trusty 1911. I did say almost I was able to her before she got to far away.
I have a old ATV case was was thinking about putting my Marlen 1895 45/70 in and keeping with me when I work. These hogs can tear up more ground than you would now. Trap building is on my list.
John

/ Rifle rack for tractor #44  
My concealed carry permit here in WA is actually a "concealed pistol license" and all the statutes point to a pistol. A loaded rifle on a tractor or truck would put me at the mercy of some badge.

/ Rifle rack for tractor #45  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't have a mount on my tractor yet (carry a revolver in my pocket mostly) but i'd suggest mounting a scabbard on the ROPS for the most secure location and it stays with the tractor if you remove the loader. Rigging the scabbard so it's on an angle aft should allow ready access.

I'd also consider one of the lever action rifles (Marlin 1894 or 1895 for example) as a good choice.

You could also consider a scoped revolver. A .44 Magnum with a 6"-8" barrel in a chest holster might accomplish what you want. )</font>

I love your choice of scoped revolvers. You think that MIGHT do the job...I think you are right!

/ Rifle rack for tractor #46  
<font color="blue">( Looking for idea's on a way to mount a scoped rifle (.22 WMR, 30-30, .223 etc) to my tractor. Needs to be in a location I can get to it fast, but still out of the way. I've got a nasty pack of wild dogs running around that really need to be put down. They are alot like yotes, in that they are sneaky as ****. I see them when I'm in the seat, but soon as I step down they are gone. Additionally, the local whitetail population seems to be unconcerned with the green tractor. As such, they provide me a great chance at filling the freezer. I'm thinking somthing along the lines of clamps on the ROPS, vertical mount, muzzle down. )</font>

I don't know if you found an answer yet, but if not, mount a couple of these on the loader support crossbar that's right in front of you.

Shortened Long URL

If this link doesn't work, look at ATV rifle racks at cabelas.com.

Jay

MikePA: Please do not use the entire URL as the link name.