Rifle rack for tractor

/ Rifle rack for tractor #31  
Unfortunately there are too many of these psycho's out there. In a remote area I would rather take my chances on getting caught carrying as opposed to getting caught dead.

I have spent alot of time in the mountains hiking, camping, and fishing remote areas - I have never been frisked by a ranger yet, but I don't target shoot either.

/ Rifle rack for tractor
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Actually, as a result of these despicable murders, there is now a bill in the Florida Senate to allow firearms for self defense in our National Forests:

Taken from Ocala Star Banner:

"A 19-year-old from Largo, Leo Boatman, was arrested for the murders. He was described as a man who wanted to be a serial killer and allegedly went to the forest specifically to kill."

:Baxley said Boatman went to the forest "because he knew there was a prohibition against them having any kind of self-protections."

"The bill was amended last week to require that weapons in state and national parks must be kept in vehicles. So far, there has been little opposition to the bill." )</font>

FYI, those people would have had a seven mile hike to their car. I don't think that weapon would have done them much good. The "must be kept in vehicles" clause was added so that Concealed carry would still not be allowed. Those suits don't care about you or your families saftey enough to admit that guns save lives. [rant mode off]

/ Rifle rack for tractor #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just another example of media bias. I watch the evening news every night, read yahoo news and the drudge report every day. I never heard of these murders in Florida. Something of this level should have made the national news!!! )</font>

It made it to NYT and affiliates. I live 20 miles from the murder area.. it was deffinately big news around here..

I'm also glad FL law just expanded castle doctrine.

I think I've alsoheard that an act of self defense is a 'positive defense' against a charge of carrying a concealed weapon in a place otherwise not allowed. For example.. take a post office.. you are prohibited from carrying a gun in there.. however.. say you 'forgot' and while you were in the PO were attacked and were facing a bona-fied life threatoning situation, and you used your firearm to defend yourself. In that case, I believe the act of self defense makes a good defense vs being prosecutedfor carrying in a prohibited place.
Can anyone confirm this?

Soundguy

/ Rifle rack for tractor #35  
Carrying in a prohibited area is never acceptable under any circumstances, however, when a 68 year old lady was found shot dead at the Williston (Levy County Florida) Post Office the morning after she had gone to her PO Box to get her Social Security check, a 19 year old black male was apprehended and convicted of the murder and theft of her auto and social security check, which were all federal crimes on federal property.

How do I know? My wife was the postal employee who drove into work the next morning and discovered the elderly ladies body laying in the parking lot where she had crawled to die after being shot that night by the perp....

The 19 year old killer said that he knew it was illegal for his victims to carry a defensive weapon into a post office and that it was easy to shoot and kill his elderly female unarmed victim...... so he could get another hit of crack.

/ Rifle rack for tractor #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Carrying in a prohibited area is never acceptable under any circumstances )</font>

A very subjective topic... one for the DA and courts to decide.

Ex felons are prohibited from having guns... but I've heard cases where a felon retrieved a gun from a friends house, then used that gun to save that friend from being attacked, and he was not prosecuted due to the positive defense from the self defense action he took.

Soundguy

Soundguy

/ Rifle rack for tractor #37  
Try walking into a court room and then telling the judge you are there carrying to protect him......and see what happens.

There is no subjective analysis of commiting a felony with a firearm, except in a criminals own mind.....

/ Rifle rack for tractor #38  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Try walking into a court room and then telling the judge you are there carrying to protect him......and see what happens.
)</font>

A very completely different situation. And you should note.. that in florida.. a judge has the discretionary power to decide -who- can carry a gun in the cout room...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There is no subjective analysis of commiting a felony with a firearm, except in a criminals own mind..... )</font>

I'd have to say, that defacto... that is incorrect. According to what we see DA's do every day, there are indeed many shades of grey in every alleged crime, and the police and DA have broad discretionary powers on who to arrest, charge, and prosecute, and for what to prosecute.. IE lesser charges.. plea deals.. etc.

A lady down the road from me walked into the sterile lobby area of our courthouse with a gun in her purse. Of course, security found it. The woman was very cooperative, and had forgot to remove her gun from her purse. I overheard the police officer talking to her ( lobby was locked down for half an hour ).. She did not have a carry permit. I heard the officer say that if she had had a carry permit she would have been let off with a stern verbal warning about forgetting to remove her carry gun.. he also said that without the permit.. she had to be arrested.. but that she would probablu get a very lienient punishment for it being accidnetal, vs if she had entered trying to sneak it in and not cooperated.

That's a case and point of the borad discretionary powers of law enforcement. I've seen dozens of situations like that. Small amounts of drugs / parafinalia overlooked in exchange for information to find a certain person ( that situation happened a few weeks ago at the jiffy store across from where I work ).. etc

I'm sure we could all cite dozens of situations where laws are selectively enforced, or where severity of punishment is based on intent.. etc.

I think you will actually be hard pressed to find a hard and fast rule/law that is 100% enforced, without reservation, and arrest is 100%, prosecution and conviction are both 100%.

( in life, there is pretty much an exception to -everything- )

Soundguy

/ Rifle rack for tractor #39  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Try walking into a court room and then telling the judge you are there carrying to protect him......and see what happens.
)</font>

I think you will actually be hard pressed to find a hard and fast rule/law that is 100% enforced, without reservation, and arrest is 100%, prosecution and conviction are both 100%.

( in life, there is pretty much an exception to -everything- )

Soundguy )</font>

Have you tried carrying a loaded firearm into an airport and onto an airplane lately?

In fact, you don't even have to really do it, you could just try it with a toy plastic gun.....

Or even just stand up in the plane and calmly state that you are armed.......

/ Rifle rack for tractor #40  
Or even stand up and utter the greeting, "Hi, Jack!"

We have given up, and are daily giving up more, of our freedoms every day in the never-ending, futile search for "security."