RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.)

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #81  
Re: I am at the end of my road.

Conan the Barbarian when asked what is best in life answered "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Transit, I hope you have crushed your enemies, driven them before you and listened to the lamentations of their women.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #82  

Transit, I wish you the best.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.)

With the new chemo, if I do not make it, I have urged my friend to join tractor buy net. I know he will be in good hands.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #84  

Hey Transit, I just got in from work. Hows the new drug progressing? I mean as far as they can tell, or is it to early to tell?

Fingers crossed for ya buddy!

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.)

Hey Transit, I just got in from work. Hows the new drug progressing? I mean as far as they can tell, or is it to early to tell?

Fingers crossed for ya buddy!

You are jumping the gun, I have not started yet, maybe this wed.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #86  

When you go in for chemo, ask about combination therapy. I've seen gemcitabine used for bladder cancer, but along with other meds.

Regimens:

Gemcitabine-Carboplatin
Gemcitabine-Cisplatin
Paclitaxel-Carboplatin-Gemcitabine
Paclitaxel-Gemcitabine

Some MD's are very arrogant and get upset with other people recommending regimens. But coming from a patient, I wouldn't anticipate an MD getting upset.

Wish you the best.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #87  

Here is the bottom line,

I was at Sloan today to speak with the docs overseeing my case. As it stands now they gave me 4 months to live, I was figuring on a year. There is another chemo drug to try that is 40% effective given every 8 days, if it works at all, if not that is the end. I know how badly my mother suffered with Colon cancer, I would go to a right to die state like Origen and end it all.

For a while I was in Catholic school where I learned to read, I could never get into the magic smoke, wine, olive oil and bread or any of the mumbo jumbo, I was always in trouble with the nuns for not going to Sunday mass with my class. Happy day when I got back to public school.

If it makes YOU feel better you may pray for me.

Well,
Make it the best four months of your life if you can! I know of terminal cancer patients going out and buying a brand new Corette and traveling accross the country until the very last moment; I knew her and her husband very well.... Corvettsforcancer.com

If you got 4 months-do something with it.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #88  

sayin prayers for ya.

soundguy

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #89  

You are jumping the gun, I have not started yet, maybe this wed.

Oh OK, that's what I get for checking in and being half asleep:)

Still got my fingers crossed though!!:thumbsup:

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #90  

Not much to say other than you are in our prayers and God bless.