Road closed / opened

/ Road closed / opened
Yeah. if I were able to purchase the land, I'd have to find some way for it to work for me....

Property taxes run ~$2500/yr on market value of ~$160K.

It's Colorado. The Crazy Jane weed is legal there as it is here in Warshington.

/ Road closed / opened #82  
For better or worse, I hauled away his chunks of concrete and my sign posts he pulled out of the ground.

So there's nothing back there anymore attributable to me.

That said -- somebody dumped some some large pieces of concrete and I'm toying with the idea of moving them to where people are driving around the barricades installed by the landowner.

Do you not understand that by saying that you are going to move concrete to where people are driving, that implies you are putting obstructions in a pathway to stop traffic? On property that you don't own? On property that you do not have permission to be on? If anyone hits them and gets injured, you're going to lose in court. Why don't you ask your insurance agent what would happen to you if someone even claims injury because of your actions. I'll bet you aren't covered for actions off of your property. It would be akin to setting concrete in a Walmart driveway.

/ Road closed / opened
Agree to disagree.

Trespassers are surmounting a significant curb -- platted "no access" -- to circumvent the existing barricades that are clearly labeled by the landowner.

I believe it is predominantly an education issue. Most of the surrounding land is owned by the city. People assume this is the same. All it needs is a few more strategically placed signs.

Thank you for your input. It has prompted me to engage a different lawyer.

It would be akin to setting concrete in a Walmart driveway.

/ Road closed / opened #85  
Do you not understand that by saying that you are going to move concrete to where people are driving, that implies you are putting obstructions in a pathway to stop traffic? On property that you don't own? On property that you do not have permission to be on? If anyone hits them and gets injured, you're going to lose in court. Why don't you ask your insurance agent what would happen to you if someone even claims injury because of your actions. I'll bet you aren't covered for actions off of your property. It would be akin to setting concrete in a Walmart driveway.

You can't sue someone for negligence if you are committing a crime by trespassing.

It like a bank robber suing the guy that dropped a banana in the bank which resulted in the robber falling and breaking open his skull.

/ Road closed / opened #86  
You can't sue someone for negligence if you are committing a crime by trespassing.

It like a bank robber suing the guy that dropped a banana in the bank which resulted in the robber falling and breaking open his skull.

If you're trespassing and you are injured, the court would look at it like the injury would not happen if the trespassing did not happen first.

/ Road closed / opened
Kind of reminds me. When I was a kid ((18), I was on my motorcycle and was hit by a car.

The insurance company said it was 15% my fault, because if I hadn't been there, she wouldn't have been able to run over me...
--

If you're trespassing and you are injured, the court would look at it like the injury would not happen if the trespassing did not happen first.

/ Road closed / opened
Thanks you. This reeks of common sense.

/ Road closed / opened #89  
Marijuana will remain a Schedule 1 substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Substances in Schedule 1 are determined by the Food and Drug Administration to have no medical use. States that allow marijuana for medical use or legalize recreational use remain in defiance of federal law.

/ Road closed / opened
Yes. Friend of mine with 100 acres has declined some VERY lucrative grow offers for that exact reason.

Marijuana will remain a Schedule 1 substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Substances in Schedule 1 are determined by the Food and Drug Administration to have no medical use. States that allow marijuana for medical use or legalize recreational use remain in defiance of federal law.