ROPS collision

/ ROPS collision #1  

GamblerAcres

Tractor
2018 Kubota MX5200
2018 MX5200 purchased new. Made it all of 85 hours before I ran into a barn header board today with the ROPS. Looks like it bent back a little. I couldn't find any cracked welds or metal. Should I be worried? Feel like a dumbass.

Attachments

• 20190725_162511.jpg
    20190725_162511.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 646
   / ROPS collision #2  
I would check the mounting plates and bolts. Unless you really were moving doubt you did any real damage to it.

/ ROPS collision #3  
Neighbor had a new B series Kubota delivered several years ago, Dealer dropped it off, neighbor decided he didn't want it to see the rain.
Jumped on it and headed for the garage ---- UH OH, we had to let the air out of the tires and use a floor jack to raise the door header.
Had label made and placed on dash "LOWER ROPS APPROACHING GARAGE".
Looks to be minor bend, I'm sure that the ROPS will take more.
Designed for a rollover.

JW5875

/ ROPS collision #4  
It doesn't look to bad,I wouldn't really be worried about it that much,those rops are pretty tough.
I did almost the exact same thing on a carport about 26 years ago all it did to the rops was a little scuff mark.busted the top header board though.

/ ROPS collision #5  
Only took me until the 2nd day. Ran into garage header. Front wheels came off the ground, ROPS not affected at all. Good dent in the stucco to remind me now. :eek:

/ ROPS collision #6  
Are you sure it bent back? Many ROPS come sightly leaned back from the factory. They're really sturdy- thick wall large diameter tubing and thick mounting plates that tie into the axle or transmission. They're designed to support the entire back half of the tractor when it rolls over, with a significant overbuilt safety factor. It'd take a real hard hit to bend one.

If it was bent, it'd be bent more on one side than the other. From that pic I don't see that, but it's just one pic.

/ ROPS collision #7  
If it was bent, there'd probably be a stressed area where the paint started to flake off. Check the mounting plates where it bolts to the frame.

If you don't see that, don't worry about it. If you do see that, I still wouldn't worry about it.

I did the same thing to my GC1720 with 12 hours on it. I actually ended up ripping the front fascia off my garage when I tried to back out while panicking after the initial hit going in. I felt sick about it for a while but couldn't find any evidence of bending. I checked squareness with string and everything. Now I just don't care.

/ ROPS collision #8  
I have a new B2650 and my ROPS appears to be at that exact same angle. Most of the Kubotas that I have seen are angled back a bit. If you bent it, it would likely be out of square, is it?

/ ROPS collision #9  
First time I pulled the M into the drive shed, I smacked the cab roof into the rafters [tractor was too tall] and smashed a huge hole in the plastic cab:mad:
Ran all winter with a bituthane patch and then did a permanent epoxy/fiberglas cloth repair in the spring.

/ ROPS collision #10  
I doubt any damage to it. As stated above, the paint would have flaked or wrinkled. I doubt the bolts stretched, but you could check tightness to confirm.