ROPS collision

/ ROPS collision
I would check the mounting plates and bolts. Unless you really were moving doubt you did any real damage to it.

Went over everything. It all appears in tact.

/ ROPS collision
Are you sure it bent back? Many ROPS come sightly leaned back from the factory. They're really sturdy- thick wall large diameter tubing and thick mounting plates that tie into the axle or transmission. They're designed to support the entire back half of the tractor when it rolls over, with a significant overbuilt safety factor. It'd take a real hard hit to bend one.

If it was bent, it'd be bent more on one side than the other. From that pic I don't see that, but it's just one pic.

It very well may have been like that from the factory but I don't know for sure because I never really checked until now. It definitely flexed backward because I could see it flex forward when I reversed away from the board. I was hoping others would chime in saying theirs looks the same

/ ROPS collision #13  
12.jpg

This might help a little.

Idk. Looks like the one you have may be a touch swept back. Its really hard to tell.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 143
   / ROPS collision #14  
It very well may have been like that from the factory but I don't know for sure because I never really checked until now. It definitely flexed backward because I could see it flex forward when I reversed away from the board. I was hoping others would chime in saying theirs looks the same

The "flex" you saw may have been the front end getting light or rear tires compressing a little, then when you backed up, the front settling or the rear tires unloading. I doubt it flexed and did not leave any evidence like damaged paint or stretched bolts (you did check them for tightness?)

/ ROPS collision #15  
I don稚 think I would worry about that much.

My rops is at about the same angle as that, since I bought it new. They are designed to take much more abuse than that.

/ ROPS collision #16  
It wouldn't have been much of a ROPS if you indeed damaged it from that.

/ ROPS collision #17  
Well - it looks the same as mine on the M6040. And I've never hit anything with it. Check that your mounting bolts are tight and don't worry about it.

I don't have a picture of the one stall on my carport where I kept my first tractor( Ford 1700 ). Fortunately the "header" is just for show. It is a 140 year old - 1" x 10" rough sawn board. I hit it with the roll bar - didn't even slow the tractor down. I was lucky. The board didn't hit me when it fell. I patched it with a chunk of plywood. It's been up there, patched, for over 36 years. I moved the tractor operations to my one carport bay with a 16' high ceiling after that.

View attachment 614634

/ ROPS collision #18  
Double check welds bolts,doesn't look like any damage...part owning tractor. ;)

/ ROPS collision #19  
Did that the first two hours on my new tractor. Luckily for me, it was a board inside the barn (2"x10"). Snapped it like a toothpick.

My father-in purchased a new JD 4052M that wouldn't fit in the garage with the ROPS up. It was destined that he would tear down the garage with the ROPS up. Therefore, I put a tennis ball on a string that hung down to his nose to remind him when he hits the tennis ball.

In looking at the pictures, I don't think you bent anything permanently. You may have temporarily flexed the ROPS but it looks like it went back into position. These things are tough and are built for rolls and tumbles. Any bend could be a liability on the company in the event of a roll. They may be designed to flex to prevent a "break" or bend.

/ ROPS collision #20  
Had a neighbor with a Ford 4600 European model with the ROPS posts and metal canopy (rigid structure) moving hay one day. Must have been concentrating on something else as moving forward, he contacted a horizontal limb of about 8" in diameter catch his canopy and almost flipped him over backwards as he was getting lined up to stab a bale with his 3 pt spear. Don't know if he had to head to the house for a fresh change or not but he hasn't done it since....for one reason he called me over to cut down the tree for my firewood. Gladly accepted the offer.