Rotella T6 gallons

/ Rotella T6 gallons #61  
I use the best oil there ever was. It is called clean oil!!

Ok for real I have used Rotella T2 15w40 for about 30 years. I have never in that time replaced or overhauled an engine. I use it in everything I own unless I'm mixing for 2 stroke. I am thoroughly convinced of the superior characteristics of man made lubricants but not so convinced of the purported economics. My 290000 mile truck and my 70 year old tractors seem accepting of my beliefs and trust me nothing around here gets a free lunch. They all earn their keep.
There is a lot to be said for using dino oil and changing it on a regular schedule. Oils today are so good that the worst is probably better than the best of not that many years ago. And few of us will ever wear out oil, fill it with waste particulates or any of the other things we're warned about. Oil today is that good. But cold starts bother me.

I happen to use synthetic in everything because engines start so easy and, well, because I want to. No other reason. For a cold start, or a cold weather start, I feel warm and fuzzy when it turns right over, oil pressure is instant on and no funny noises. I know that's good. If I started equip in the morning and shut it off at night, dino wouldn't bother me.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Rotella T6 gallons #62  
Oils today are so good that the worst is probably better than the best of not that many years ago

Yes, I agree. But the latest engines are more sophisticated along with their emission systems. The current Gasoline and Diesel engines probably run hotter than previous designs, and some of that is due in part to smaller sump capacities.
I like to run Synthetic oil too for good extreme temperature protection, the highest hours/mileage possible and a chance at the best fuel efficiency. My little garage is stocked with a good supply of Amsoil for all my pieces of equipment, especially for my emergency equipment.
Some of my equipment I do UOA to help determine oil change intervals and usually I can safely extend 3 to 4 times the OEM interval. Previous oils wouldn’t have that capability I’m sure…